An environment artist creates vast, expansive, and epic lands. Your goal is to bring to life the mountain ranges, forests, and other regions of the vast world of Azeroth.
Our ideal candidate has experience with hand-painted art styles, creating environments, terrain, foliage, and natural structures. The environment team is extremely passionate about shaping the large and expansive lands of World of Warcraft. Requirements
- A minimum of 2 years' experience in game development modeling and texturing natural elements using 3ds Max and Photoshop (or equivalent 3D and 2D programs)
- An exceptional understanding of what's needed to create terrain and foilage
- Solid background in traditional arts included but not limited to animation, illustration, design or traditional media
- A good understanding of form, shape, structure, and silhouette in regard to modeling
- Superior eye for light, shade, color, and detail in creating painted texture maps
- Self-motivation, good communications skills, and a great team-player attitude
- Understanding of the distinctive Blizzard Entertainment visual style and a passion to push it to the next level
Required Application Materials
- Only digital applications will be accepted such as a website, blog or online album. Physical media will not be accepted
- An art test may be required
- Previously shipped AAA PC or console titles in an equivalent type role
- Experience designing and creating animated FX
- Knowledge and understanding of the Warcraft universe
- Cover Letter which should include:
- Why you are interested in working at Blizzard
- What games you are currently playing
**Only submittals with Cover Letters will be considered.
A little about us:
Blizzard Entertainment is a premier developer/publisher of entertainment software, including World of Warcraft, StarCraft, Diablo, and Hearthstone.