We are the leading manufacturer of architectural aluminum products and systems for the commercial construction industry. Kawneer is part of Arconic's global Building and Construction Systems (BCS) business unit, which manufactures and markets architectural systems and products in North America, Europe, Asia and the Middle East.
The Environment, Health and Safety (EHS) Manager
will supervise and direct daily EHS functions for the Kawneer Company, Inc. (an Arconic company), in Cranberry Township, PA. The incumbent will be accountable for ensuring the Environmental, Health, and Safety activities reduce risk, eliminate incidents, and are performed within external regulatory requirements and internal management guidelines. Job Responsibilities and Duties:
Major Activities and Key Challenges Include:
- Lead the EHS Staff at the Cranberry Township location;
- Develop, implement, and document EHS programs in accordance with Local, State, and Federal EPA and OSHA requirements; and in compliance with Alcoa and Kawneer policies and management systems;
- Oversee preparation and submittal of all EPA and OSHA Reporting Requirements including, but not limited to OSHA 300 Log, SARA 311, 312, and 313 Annual Reports, Biennial Waste Reports, and Air Emissions Annual Inventory Report;
- Perform accurate submissions and completion of all Cranberry incident reporting to Kawneer and Arconic within designated deadlines and reporting process guidelines;
- Prepare and submit all Kawneer and Arconic required monthly and quarterly performance index reports and metrics;
- Develop, conduct, oversee and supervise EHS Training, including external regulatory and internal management programs;
- Approval and procurement of EHS-related activities including Waste Characterization and Disposal, PPE, I/H, Noise Testing, Training Resources, and any other Environmental, Health, and Safety vendors as required;
- Acquire and maintain accredited training needed in areas related to EHS for training, report submittal, and general awareness;
- Be the liaison for Kawneer, Arconic, regulatory agencies, and outside vendors in the areas of Environment, Health, and Safety;
- Ensure Environmental permit conditions are understood, implemented and enforced;
- Ensure supervisors and department employees attend all required training;
- Ensure the Environmental, Health, and Safety activities reduce risk, eliminate incidents, and are performed within external regulatory requirements and internal management guidelines.
- Work with senior leadership and provide strategic oversight of EHS;
- Ensure management is informed of current EHS issues;
- Lead location EHS metrics reporting;
- Lead industrial hygiene and occupational health programs;
- Be a Self-starting professional with passion for change and relentless focus on execution;
- Possess the ability to work independently yet see others as partners and essential team members;
- Be visible and provide support to the manufacturing shop floor;
- Possess strong organization skills with the ability to prioritize and meet target dates in a fast-paced environment;
- Possess strong oral and written communication, analytical, problem solving and human relations skills;
- Possess strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited institution;
- Minimum of five years of EHS-related experience in a manufacturing and / or plant work environment;
- Employees must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position;
- Bachelor's Degree with a Health and Safety / Environmental focus, or an Engineering degree from an accredited institution;
- Minimum of ten years of EHS-related experience in a manufacturing and / or plant work environment;
- Minimum of 2 years of EHS Management experience in an manufacturing and / or industrial environment.
A little about us:
Arconic Inc. (NYSE: ARNC) creates breakthrough products that shape industries. Working in close partnership with our customers, we solve complex engineering challenges to transform the way we fly, drive, build and power. Through the ingenuity of our people and cutting-edge advanced manufacturing, we deliver these products at a quality and efficiency that ensures customer success and shareholder value.