Schneider Electric™ creates connected technologies that reshape industries, transform cities and enrich lives. Our 144,000 employees thrive in more than 100 countries. From the simplest of switches to complex operational systems, our technology, software and services improve the way our customers manage and automate their operations. Help us deliver solutions that ensure Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment: https://youtu.be/NlLJMv1Y7Hk . Great people make Schneider Electric a great company.
Principal Job Purpose
Schneider Electric takes safety and sustainability very seriously. We set aggressive goals in reducing injuries, waste to landfills, and energy consumption. We work with different local and international organizations and associations on economic, social and environmental issues to foster sustainable development in cooperation with various players from society. Schneider Electric confirms its commitment and participation in discussions on challenges related to climate change.
This position will ensure that Schneider-Electric Foxboro manufacturing location complies with all applicable Environment, Health and Safety (EHS) requirements (e.g. State, Federal and Schneider-Electric).
This position requires a detailed knowledge and practical application of environment, health and safety regulations in the U.S. and Massachusetts requirements. This individual will provide EHS support to operations including engineering, non-manufacturing and manufacturing.
This individual will be an integral part of the Foxboro manufacturing operations and the Safety and Environment function and will work closely with multi-disciplinary teams to establish the necessary programs to ensure excellent overall results in environment, health, safety and sustainability.
It is envisioned that this individual will promote the importance of a strong environment, health and safety culture by providing training and establishing/directing EHS programs. This individual must display good communication, planning, decision making and management skills. Objectives
- Ensure Schneider-Electric Foxboro, Massachusetts employees and operations maintain compliance with all environment, health and safety regulations; and keep abreast of any changes to laws and regulations that impact the organization.
- Assist in maintaining appropriate metrics, evaluate data trending, and provide data input to management reviews, with a view to continuous improvement and enhancement of EHS performance.
- Assist with the implementation of EHS policies, practices, guidelines, and procedures. Identify location-specific requirements for each area and participate in the development of related programs and policies.
- Assist in developing training programs and conduct training to comply with regulatory corporate EHS initiatives.
- Supervise the incident/accident investigation process including root cause analysis and ensure corrective actions are completed.
- Conduct environment, health and safety audits and risk assessments. Participate in external EHS compliance audits and loss prevention audits.
- Coordinate the completion of all corrective actions with site personnel resulting from risk assessments, compliance audits or loss prevention audits.
- Liaise with facilities maintenance and property management personnel to ensure appropriate fire and life safety controls are in place and maintained.
- Assist in the oversight of required permitting submissions for air, water, and land jurisdictional requirements.
- Serve as site contact point for government inquiries relating to EHS.
- Lead and serve as a function resource for the EHS committees.
- Participate in the site’s Continuous Improvement/Lean/5S activities. Provide recommendations for improving EHS practices within the facility.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications: Ideal Business Experience
At least six years' experience in an environment, health and safety position, preferably with experience in a manufacturing environment. Must demonstrate the ability and willingness to successfully work independently and communicate with senior management.
Experience in machine safeguarding, electrical safety and training program development & delivery a plus. Ideal Education, Skills, and Behaviors
B.S. Degree in Environment, Health and Safety Management, Engineering or equivalent.
Possesses a comprehensive knowledge of environment, health and safety guidelines and regulations; a good working knowledge of health and safety engineering, and a highly refined understanding of the issues related to manufacturing and engineering laboratory environments.
Strong written and verbal communication skills required. Must have the ability to communicate with personnel all levels of the organization.
We seek out and reward people for being straightforward, open, passionate, effective and challenging the status quo. We want our employees to reflect the diversity of the communities in which we operate. We welcome people as they are, creating an inclusive culture where all forms of diversity are seen as a real value for the company. We're looking for people with a passion for success - on the job and beyond. See what our people have to say about working for Schneider Electric: https://youtu.be/6D2Av1uUrzY . Let us learn about you! Apply today.
You must submit an online application to be considered for any position with us. This position will be posted until filled.
It is the policy of Schneider Electric to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities in the areas of recruiting, hiring, training, transferring, and promoting all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, gender, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, military status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other legally protected characteristic or conduct.
Concerning agencies: Schneider Electric does not accept unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for fees related to such.
Schneider Electric is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled.
We’re the global specialist in energy management and automation. Our technologies ensure that Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment.