Johnson & Johnson Vision Care, Inc. is recruiting for an Environment, Health, Safety and Sustainability (EHSS) Specialist to join its dynamic team located at its Global Headquarters in Jacksonville, FL.
Johnson & Johnson Vision Care, Inc. (JJVC), a member of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies, specializes in disposable contact lenses, which are marketed under the ACUVUE® Brand name. Ever since ACUVUE® transformed vision correction in 1988 with the world's first soft disposable contact lenses, JJVC has passionately pursued new technologies and the highest quality standards. We're proud that ACUVUE® lenses are worn by more people than any other brand.
This EHSS Specialist will be the technical expert for programs that support the implementation of EHSS Policy requirements and that drives continuous improvement. Under the direction of the EHSS Sr. Manager, this individual will support all aspects of EHSS programs at the JJVC site in Jacksonville, FL.
The EHSS Specialist responsibilities include:
• Recognize and assess EHSS hazards and risks, as well as identify, analyze and communicate EHSS compliance.
• Assess compliance, identify and investigate non-compliances and track corrective actions to closure.
• Use results of risk assessments to recommend appropriate control strategies.
• Evaluate, plan and implement Environmental, Health, Safety and Sustainability programs.
• Promote workplace safety by identifying and monitoring potential hazards to people or property.
• Recommends content of health and safety policies and programs.
• Provides content to emergency response plans and participates on emergency response team.
• Implements health and safety policies and programs developed for the site to assure that workplace conditions comply with all local government and company requirements.
• Facilitates compliance audits by assisting management in conducting risk assessments, and by participating on health and safety teams.
• Reviews operating and maintenance procedures for compliance with health and safety programs and policies.
• Participates in, develops, and implements health and safety reviews, routine safety inspections and incident investigations where applicable with manufacturing and maintenance personnel.
• Participates as the health and safety representative in external audits and inspections by local government agencies.
• Partners with organizations to develop and approve Job Safety Analysis (JSA)’s.
• Monitor and evaluate new regulations and corporate requirements to determine impact on operating location.
• Monitor and evaluate EHSS risks of operations, including change management, ensuring continuous improvement of the EHSS program to make it leaner and more efficient.
• Evaluate, plan and implement EHSS training and awareness programs.
• Develop and implement training packages for on-line and/or classroom training.
• Partner with Global Health Services Professionals to ensure coverage and alignment of related programs.
• Support and facilitate site EHSS committees/teams to ensure implementation of the EHSS program.
• Technically assess risks and use advanced knowledge of EHSS principles and practices to develop and implement corrective and preventive actions for all identified EHSS risks.
• Conduct machine guarding risk assessments and develop job safety analysis for automated and manual job functions.
• Perform routine EHSS assessments and utilize the Johnson & Johnson Worldwide EHSS Standards and audits to identify program specific deficiencies and areas of risk. Collaborate with site management to implement corrective measures.
• Support incident investigations for all reported injuries and near misses.
• Develop Operational Procedures to ensure compliance with regulatory and corporate standards.
• Track and report key performance indicators and metrics.
• Coordinate waste management programs to ensure compliance with standards including oversight of waste vendors, signing manifests.
• Assist in coordination and serve as an active member on the site Emergency Response Team. Establish training programs and drills.Qualifications
• Bachelor’s degree required; preferable in Occupational Safety, Environmental Science or Engineering.
• A minimum of 2-4 years of experience in Environmental, Health and Safety (EHSS) is required, experience in an FDA regulated environment preferred.
• EHSS auditing experience is preferred.
• Process Safety Management is preferred for this role.
• Environmental management is preferred.
• Technical experience in diverse EHSS areas including but not limited to air, water, hazardous and medical waste, machine safety, contractor EHSS, electrical safety and chemical handling, and environmental management is highly desirable.
• Demonstrated project management skills are required.
• Report generation and record keeping systems is preferred.
• Knowledge of Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), United States Environmental Protection Agency (USEPA), and Department of Transportation (DOT) regulations preferred.
• Knowledge of EHSS management systems, including OHSAS 18001 and ISO 14001, preferred.
• Physical requirements may include working from ladders, elevated surfaces, platforms, high energy sources, controlled chemical substances, controlled infectious agents and noise extremes.
• The ability to sit, stand and walk for extended periods and perform repetitive tasks such as lifting, carrying, bending, reaching, pulling, pushing required.
• Standard hours are 800am-500pm, but may require off-shift hours, including weekends, as needed by business and for site related emergencies.
• Proficiency in MS Office software programs including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint is required. J&J Worldwide EHSS data reporting and tracking systems is preferred.
• This position could require up to 10% travel both domestic and/or international.
Johnson & Johnson Vision Care, Inc. (6094)Job Function
Environmental Health & Safety