Arconic is currently in search of an Ingot Environmental and Quality Coordinator
to join our team in Davenport, Iowa and support our Global Rolled Products - Aerospace and Automotive Products Business Unit.
Since it opened in 1948, Arconic's Davenport aluminum facility has been at the forefront of American manufacturing. Nestled on the banks of the Mississippi River in Iowa, the plant employs over 2,500 people and is a focal point of the global aluminum industry, with 20 percent of revenues coming from exports. Through continued modernization, including a $300 million investment to increase automotive sheet production, Davenport has maintained its position as the world's premier aerospace supply plant and is today a hub of Arconic's $4 billion aerospace business.
The primary purpose of this position is to provide the leadership, planning, and systems to ensure our commitment to environmental compliance by all plant employees. Roles and Accountability
- Ensure overall compliance for all Environmental-related compliance (air, water and waste) and best management practices not limited to SMACT, Title V and ISO related items. This includes auditing operator or maintenance tasks such as startup shut down log, scale sheets, salt locker, etc. necessary to ensure compliance.
- Develop and execute environmental management systems designed to ensure the plant follows all Arconic Inc., Local, State, and Federal environmental regulations and that continual improvement, pollution prevention, and compliance are part of the facilities main goals.
- Managing environmental alarms, investigating deviations, and is the primary point of contact for operators and departmental staff.
- Prepares compliance reports for the department and submits to EHS Department for review and distribution to the agencies.
- Manages Ingot tools as related to environmental- i.e. CTALLY, Environmental Access Database, etc. and works with necessary support groups (i.e. PCS, IT, etc.) to make any changes, improve systems, complete corrective actions, etc.
- Environmental Coordinator is responsible for compliance related tasks identified in I.H.S. or in applicable permits.
- Initiates EEEs and manages corrective actions.
- Drive the use of the change review process and other change management activities and others as assigned.
- Work closely with the Central Environmental department to complete Ingot related tasks and others as assigned and agreed upon with Supervisor.
- Responsible for the data availability to demonstrate compliance for SMACT and Title V requirements (examples of data include Natural gas records, NOx, Flux data, Salt Usage.
- Responsible for all corrective actions associated with compliance-related issues with SMACT and Title V.
- Environmental Coordinator:
- Shall understand MACT targets and objectives/ permit limits.
- Know and follow responsibilities for record keeping and reporting.
- Lead environmental training for new hires and refresher trainings.
- Coordinate department level environmental communications to continually enhance awareness.
- Lead environmentally focused HP efforts for the Department.
- Environmental Coordinator shall complete other tasks such as reviewing and updating SSMP, O&M Plan as assigned and others as assigned.
- Quality coordinator for the Ingot department.
- Work with the production team on PATTT training and reporting.
This position is administered at an internal job band 25 and report through the Ingot Plant and will work closely with the Davenport Works EHS Department. Basic Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree in Environmental Management or Engineering from an accredited university.
- Minimum of 2 years' experience with Environmental Compliance.
- Project management experience in the environmental field.
- Employees must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
- This position is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) which requires U.S. person status. ITAR defines U.S. person as an U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- Master's degree in environmental studies
- Strong communication skills, the ability to drive for change, can work with a team, and drive sustainable systems that promote continuous improvement.
- Experience in dealing with labor/management problems is an asset -Environmental Compliance and managerial experience within a manufacturing and/or heavy industrial facility (Smelting experience) Background in pollution control technology, with special emphasis on emission collector devices.
A little about us:
Arconic Inc. (NYSE: ARNC) creates breakthrough products that shape industries. Working in close partnership with our customers, we solve complex engineering challenges to transform the way we fly, drive, build and power. Through the ingenuity of our people and cutting-edge advanced manufacturing, we deliver these products at a quality and efficiency that ensures customer success and shareholder value.