The Safety, Compliance and Sustainability Team has an immediate opening for an experienced Environmental Compliance Engineer who will be responsible for working with a talented team that provides comprehensive guidance worldwide on Environmental and Sustainability issues related to Microsoft’s Surface, Xbox, and other product lines.
Are you ready to join a dedicated compliance engineering organization in one of the world’s best software, consumer electronics and entertainment companies? Help define and drive internal compliance and sustainability best practices through the entire product life cycle including design, use of raw materials, manufacturing and product/packaging disposal/recycling. This position will report to the Director of Compliance and Sustainability and is based in Redmond, WA. Learn more about our broader teams here: http://www.allinatmsc.com/
If you are interested, or if you know of any qualified candidates who are interested, please have them submit a resume.
The purpose of this position is to develop, implement and drive the environmental compliance management system and coordinate and promote Microsoft’s Environmental Principles within the hardware and packaging community. This position is critical to Microsoft in establishing a national and international reputation for its global hardware compliance and implementing our sustainability strategy.
• Monitor relevant environmental regulations and analyze the impact of the regulations on the product portfolio
• Ensure that environmental requirements are implemented in products and product related environmental information is gathered and provided into relevant channels, with the intent to manage and reduce Microsoft’s environmental compliance risks
• Networking with stakeholders to continually improve processes
• Recognize and facilitate implementation of best practices across product groups
• Management of environmental programs such as ozone depleting chemicals and engaging suppliers for reporting GHG equivalents and water usage to CDP and generating relevant reports.
• Coordination of wide range of Microsoft knowledge and talent to address complex and novel environmental issues
• Continual improvement of environmental performance through proactive environmental management and self-assessments and/or third-party assessments
• Motivation of Microsoft employees to practice environmental best management practices by raising awareness of environmental issues through policies and procedures, training, and interactive dialogue.
• Actively seek and create opportunities for synergies across stakeholder groups to drive solutions
• Build business cases for solutions that incorporate ways to mitigate risk
• Bachelor’s degree required
• At least five years of relevant job experience in Environmental, Safety, Compliance or Sustainability
• Experience in compliance integration into product design and manufacturing environments
• Ability to deliver environmental compliance and awareness training
• Track record of being an enthusiastic and effective team player with experience of leading and influencing internal and external resources to ensure successful outcomes
• Very strong written and verbal communication skills
• Experience in interpreting and implementing RoHS, REACH, WEEE, Proposition 65, and other substance management compliance and monitoring and other regulatory programs is a plus
• Knowledge and use of C2P and database management IT systems for product compliance management is a plus
• Strong technical and project management skills
• Substantial experience in effectively designing and implementing end-to-end projects requiring cross-group collaboration and implied authority
• BS / MS or higher in Engineering, Environmental Science or other related subject together with a good understanding of the IT and consumer electronics industries.
• High tech, devices or electronics experience
• Global experience
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
A little about us:
Microsoft offers training and employment opportunities to help you turn your military experience and skills into a civilian technology career.