The Safety, Compliance and Sustainability Team has an immediate opening for an experienced Environmental Compliance Project Manager who will be responsible for working with a talented team that provides comprehensive guidance worldwide on Environmental and Sustainability issues related to Microsoft’s Surface, Xbox, wearable devices, and other product lines. Are you ready to join a dedicated compliance engineering organization in one of the world’s best software, consumer electronics and entertainment companies? Help define and drive internal compliance and sustainability best practices through managing the environmental data from the collection process to reporting and trend analysis using a variety of tools and data sources. Data is obtained throughout a product’s life cycle from design to recycling, repair and refurbishment.
This position will report to the Director of Environmental Compliance and is based in Redmond, WA. Learn more about our broader teams here http://www.allinatmsc.com/
If you are interested, or if you know of any qualified candidates who are interested, please have them submit a resume.
The purpose of this position is to support the data needs of the environmental compliance management system within the hardware and packaging community.
This database management and analytical position is critical to Microsoft in establishing a national and international reputation for its global hardware compliance and implementing our sustainability strategy.
• Support and develop both compliance data collection process as well as monitoring and reporting needs, using a variety of tools such as PTC Windchill (WPA), SharePoint, OnePDM, Excel, and Power BI and data sources such as Max and Azure. This includes requirements generation, validation and testing.
• Process supplier full material declarations, analyze compliance data and reporting needs and presenting them to internal stakeholders through a variety of media.
• Establish network relationships to actively resolve road blocks and communicate with MS IT and compliance tool suppliers to drive improvements and support our product development, suppliers, and other relevant stakeholder groups and business partners.
• Develop and provide training as needed to both internal and external stakeholders
• Manage the transition of tools, providing project planning and oversight and connecting with key stakeholders to ensure no gaps occur.
• Develop a deep knowledge of the data needs from customers, partners, and internal group needs, drivers, and decision-making processes.
• Maintain program specifications and operational controls and plan, strategize, and influence priorities and decisions to improve satisfaction, performance, and the experience.
• Use independent judgment and discretion to demonstrate the use of technologies, processes, tools, and methodologies in the design and delivery of solutions
• Actively seek and create opportunities for synergies across internal and external partners to drive long-term solutions and shared roadmaps.
• Design improvement roadmaps and build a business cases for long-term, cross-business solutions that incorporates the impact of solutions and recommends ways to mitigate risk.
• Develop plans for delivery that mitigate risk and optimize the balance of scope, cost, time, quality, and resources, and improve satisfaction or performance.
• Develop shared strategies and clarifies expectations to achieve shared objectives and minimize redundancy.
• Use judgment, subject matter expertise, and proven methodologies to minimize risk and revenue impact and regularly scan the environment to help anticipate changes that could affect key projects.
• Bachelor’s degree required, Advance degree preferred
• 4-6+ years work experience with SQL, XML, Excel, databases or Power BI
• Experience with PTC Windchill (WPA) strongly desired
• Experience with SAP EHS module is a plus
• Experience with Environmental Compliance strongly desired
• High attention to detail, able to effectively multitask, be prompt, reliable and self-motivated
• Well-organized, independent, able to meet tight and strict deadlines, and enjoy working both collaboratively and independently
• Understands unstated or less obvious reasons for others’ needs and requirements
• Ability to apply a broad functional knowledge base to solve problems.
• Implements metrics to drive continuous improvements.
This description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this position. The actual duties, responsibilities, and qualifications may vary based on assignment or group.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
A little about us:
Microsoft offers training and employment opportunities to help you turn your military experience and skills into a civilian technology career.