Arconic (formally Alcoa) Hampton, VA facility has an immediate opening for an EHS Engineer. Our passionate commitment to EHS provides the successful candidate with an excellent environment in which to work and the leadership commitment and support to deliver results. This position is a key member of the location's EHS team and is highly visible position in the plant and Business Unit. The position provides an excellent opportunity for potential future growth to the successful candidate.
Arconic Power and Propulsion (APP) is a world leader in the investment casting of super alloys, aluminum and titanium primarily for jet aircraft and industrial gas turbine markets and a leading supplier of structural components for the aerospace, automotive, commercial transportation, and other industrial markets. The Hampton facility is APP's second largest casting facility and is currently experiencing significant growth and customer demand.
Arconic was included on FORTUNE magazine's World's Most Admired list topping the Metals category. The company has been included on the FORTUNE World's Most Admired List since the publication began the annual ranking more than 30 years ago; prior years' rankings are listed as Alcoa Inc.
Key Responsibilities of this position include:
- Lead environmental permitting and compliance activities.
- Provide regulatory interpretation, permitting and technical support to comply with Virginia air pollution, water pollution and waste regulations.
- Coach and counsel departmental leaders to assist them in the execution of their EHS accountabilities.
- Plan, define and lead technical projects related to pollution prevention, waste/water minimization, waste/water management and hazardous material remediation.
- Ensure necessary recordkeeping is maintained.
- Address audit findings, changes in processes, or new regulations.
- Publicize and communicate environmental issues to employees.
- Develop and present training programs on environmental issues.
- Establish working relationships and rapport with regulatory agencies and manage environmental vendors.
- Lead and assist with other EHS accountabilities.
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited university.
- Minimum of 3 years of environmental and regulatory reporting experience.
- Employees must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position. Due to ITAR requirements, only US citizens or those authorized to work in the US without sponsorship will be considered.
- BS in Environmental Engineering, Environmental Sciences, or Environmental Management from an accredited institution.
- Experience working in a manufacturing environment.