Arconic is currently in search of an Environment Engineer
to join our Global Rolled Products Operations business unit in Lancaster, PA. Lancaster Works specializes in aluminum sheet and cast plate. At our 1.3 million square-foot plant, we offer a variety of products--from painted sheet to blanked products. What we produce here is found in a wide assortment of end products, such as truck cabs, cookware and construction materials. We also produce brazing sheet used by auto manufacturers to make evaporator and condenser components. Another capability, for which we are well known, is the production of machined cast plate used in a number of diverse products, ranging from robotics to medical instruments.
The Environmental Engineer
will ensure that plant practices conform to corporate environmental policy, federal, state, and local regulations through review of the regulations, review of departmental processes that cause environmental conditions and setting in place procedures and rules to allow departments to remain in compliance. This position reports to the EHS Manager, and work with a wide variety of employees at all levels of the organization including those that are external to Lancaster to increase awareness and understanding of EHS objectives; training, coaching, and developing team members.Responsibilities
- Provide leadership and direction to the operation to ensure that the facility achieves a level of environmental excellence consistent with Arconic's values and goals to include sustainability and corporate responsibility to protect and sustain the environment and all natural resources
- Provide technical support, counsel, and monitoring of the Texarkana, TX facility to ensure environmental programs meet Arconic and regulatory requirements.
- Lead and develop Plant Environmental Technician to achieve specific environmental goals and objectives.
- Prepare and submit all required reports, documents, samples and data to meet regulatory compliance obligations.
- Define, develop and maintaining appropriate studies, programs and databases that will provide plant and corporate management with pertinent knowledge of environmental impact and the basis for prevention/corrective actions.
- Providing communication and training to local plant management that will ensure all levels of plant personnel understand their role and functions for identifying and resolving environmental issues, complying environmental regulations, and minimizing civil and criminal exposure of the plant, business unit, and corporate personnel for plant environmental events and activities.
- Maintaining awareness and pro-actively influencing emerging and existing environmental laws/regulations which may impact plant operations. Negotiating environmental permits that reflect cost effective process design, reasonable operation constraints, and are consistent with corporate environmental policy and regulatory requirements.
- Interpret, implement and communicate environmental (air, water, waste and land management) policies and regulations on state, federal, local and corporate level.
- Develop a wide-range of comprehensive EHS systems that support Arconic's commitment of zero environmental non-compliance and an injury-free workplace; monitor, track and report key EHS Metrics, monitor and ensure compliance with regulatory requirements, assist with accident/ incident investigations to ensure root cause analysis and identification, develop and tracking of corrective actions, acts as a change agent for the area.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering from an accredited institution
- Minimum of 5 years' Environmental Engineering experience in a manufacturing environment
- Employees must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
- Master's in Environmental Engineering from an accredited institution
- Minimum of 1 year leadership experience in a manufacturing environment
- Working knowledge of Microsoft office applications (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).