has an exciting opportunity in our Processing and Food Ingredients Division. We are looking for an Environmental Health & Safety Coordinator
to provide safe work environments, work practices, and EHS training for all on-site personnel. You must have excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, be detail oriented and organized.
Basic Qualifications: (required)
- Coordinate compliance with all applicable Environmental, Health, & Safety (EH&S) related requirements (federal, state, local, and company).
- Assist in the development and implementation of EH&S related plans, programs, policies, and procedures.
- Conduct effective EH&S related training for employees, contractors, and visitors.
- Conduct EH&S related audits, workplace inspections, job safety analysis, and maintain detailed recordkeeping.
- Provide first aid for minor injuries and coordinate prompt medical attention for more serious injuries.
- Conduct accident investigations, manage worker’s compensation process, and return to work program.
- Communicate EH&S related requirements and expectations to other departments and personnel to ensure regulatory compliance and a safe work environment.
- Properly respond to day-to-day EH&S related issues in a timely and efficient manner.
- Keep current on all applicable EH&S related rules and regulations.
- Successfully manage and complete all EH&S related work assignments and duties.
- Maintain and promote a strong safety culture and follow all safety policies, procedures and regulations. Identify and communicate workplace hazards and correct or seek assistance in correcting unsafe actions or conditions.
Preferred Qualifications: (desired)
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry, Engineering, Safety, Business, or related field
- 5 years of Environmental Health & Safety experience in a manufacturing environment
- Proficient with Microsoft office (Word & Excel)
- Ability to work in dusty conditions, changing temperatures, and climb ladders
- Certified Safety Professional
- Experience providing equipment safety training and first responder training
- Ability to operate forklift and aerial lift
A little about us:
CHS is proud to offer veterans a place to grow their careers. Driven by the values of the farm families who own CHS, our employees focus on helping farmers raise healthy crops.