Grow with us as an Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) Assistant in one of our state-of-the-art facilities! Working as a fundamental member of the manufacturing organization, you will be reporting directly to the Environmental Health and Safety manager. Innovate with us as you inform and influence at all levels and functions to ensure that health and safety regulations are adhered to, and continuously improved upon. WHAT WILL I BE DOING?
In your role as an Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) Assistant at Kellogg, you will be part of our success by:
- Providing support in the development and maintenance of EHS-related programs, processes, and training that will create and promote sustainable best in class safety performance
- Aiding in the management of EHS-related data, files, statistics, and records
- Working with other operators, Team Leads, and management to accomplish Company goals.
- Participating in team meetings and maintaining operator skills.
- Daily incident report tracking and entry into Corporate KCAPP system
- Tracking of weekly safety audits, SPAs, ergonomics data, and conducting trends analysis
- Assist in creating, updating, and maintaining EHS-related programs and policies
- Perform, track, and manage workplace hazard assessments
- Assist in the development and organization of EHS-related training
- Development of various EHS processes and responsible for facility-wide execution
- Creation of Purchase Requisitions for EHS-related purchases
- Assist with the maintenance of the facility's first aid program
- Creation of EHS-related work notifications
- Complete EHS-related research activities
- Complete monthly updates of the Health and Safety, Health and Wellness, and Sustainability information boards
- Responsible for updating the facility chemical listing for new chemicals and updating SDS binders with new chemical information
- Participate in the facility's Safety Committee meetings and workplace inspections
- Assist the facility's Safety Committee, Co-Chairs
- Participate in the facility's Sustainability Committee meetings and activities
- Maintain EHS-related tracking databases trends
- Maintain operator skills and coverage as necessary
- Conduct and participate in EHS-related reviews and audits
- Provide support for EHS-related projects (i.e., external assessments)
- Provide support for the enhancement of the following EHS Programs (not a complete list):
Act as secondary EHS contact Maintain an understanding of processes and functional interdependencies. Recognize and escalate as needed, those issues identified as risks to, opportunities to improve plant performance Drive K-Values Other duties as assignedQualifications: WHAT DO I NEED TO DEMONSTRATE?
- Hot Work
- Fall Protection
- Hearing Conservation
- Contractor Management
- Job Safety Analysis
- Spill Response
- Emergency Response
- Health and Wellness
- Waste Management
As well as a hunger to learn and succeed in Manufacturing, to be considered for this position you must be able to meet the following requirements:
- High School Diploma or GED
- Must be comfortable wearing assorted personal protective equipment as required
- Limited travel and work coverage beyond the normal hours, shift and on weekends/holidays
- Must be able to climb stairs and ladders and safely work from elevated work surfaces
- Ability to work in hot and cold environments
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively at all levels, including Plant Leadership Team, Front Line Leadership, employees and site personnel
- Personal computer skills including MS Word, Excel, and SAP applications for the creating of safety work orders, tracking of safety work orders, development of spread sheets to track safety records, and the development of safety trainings.
- Effective communication skills (written and verbal)
- Regular attendance and punctuality in accordance with Company policies
WHAT ELSE DO I NEED TO KNOW?
- Working knowledge of a manufacturing plant
- knowledgeable of safety and environmental regulations including but not limited to: air, wastewater, storm water, solid and hazardous waste regulations
- Possess strong leadership, training, problem solving, and decision making skills
The ability to work a full shift, come to work on time, work overtime as needed and the ability to work according to the necessary schedule to meet job requirements with or without reasonable accommodation is an essential function of this position.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, disability, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, sexual orientation, age, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Where required by state law and/or city ordinance; this employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization. For additional information, please follow this Link for English or this Link for Spanish.
A little about us: