Grow with us as an Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) Coordinator in one of our state-of-the-art facilities! Working as a fundamental member of the manufacturing organization, you will be a key partner to Operations and Quality Food Safety personnel. Innovate with us as you inform and influence at all levels and functions to ensure that health and safety regulations are adhered to, and continuously improved upon. WHAT WILL I BE DOING?
In your role as an Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) Coordinator at Kellogg, you will be part of our success by:
Qualifications: WHAT DO I NEED TO DEMONSTRATE?
- Demonstrating knowledgeable of EPA and OSHA guidelines
- Participating in and performing (weekly/monthly/annual) environmental and safety physical inspections of the workplace (Safety Audits) and maintaining the appropriate records
- Actively participating in managing EHS department budget
- Assisting in accident incident/investigations and corrective action follow-up
- Assisting with procedure (JSAs, Lockout Tagout, Technician, etc.) development, review and updating
- Assisting with the development and presentation of environmental, health and safety training
- Leading appropriate employee engagement activities and floor presence activities
- Assisting with the development, review, follow-up and tracking of Safe Plans of Action
- Completing and submitting regulatory reports as required
- Conducting one-on-one employee contacts
- Leading all EHS committees and conducting Environmental and Safety Meetings as necessary
- Openly communicating with both hourly & Management Leadership Teams
- Monitoring safety equipment supplies, making orders, setting up PO's and processing Goods Receipts
- Supporting behavior based safety initiative by completing observations, entering data into tracking software and issuing trending reports as necessary
- Creating and tracking EHS-related work orders
- Up keeping of the Environmental & Safety bulletin Boards
- Performing general office duties to include filing, copying, and other required administrative work etc.
As well as a hunger to learn and succeed in Manufacturing, to be considered for this position you must be able to meet the following requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, chemistry, environmental or occupational health sciences and/or 5 years of related experience
- Contacting and communicating with government agencies and Kellogg's Corporate Safety Team
- Must be comfortable wearing assorted personal protective equipment as required
- Must have a good working knowledge of the plant
- Limited travel and work coverage beyond the normal hours, shift and on weekends/holidays
- Must be able to climb stairs and ladders and safely work from elevated work surfaces
- Ability to work in hot and cold environments
- Must be knowledgeable of safety and environmental regulations including but not limited to: air, wastewater, storm water, solid and hazardous waste regulations
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively at all levels, including Plant Leadership Team, Front Line Leadership, employees and site personnel
- Personal computer skills including MS Word, Excel, and SAP applications for the creating of safety work orders, tracking of safety work orders, development of spread sheets to track safety records, and the development of safety trainings.
- Effective communication skills (written and verbal)
- Should possess strong leadership, training, problem solving, and decision making skills
- Demonstrated interpersonal effectiveness and leadership skills
- Regular attendance and punctuality in accordance with Company policies
WHAT ELSE DO I NEED TO KNOW?
- State of Georgia Class III wastewater licence preferred or ability to obtain in one year
- Strong leadership, training, problem solving, and decision making skills
The ability to work a full shift, come to work on time, work overtime as needed and the ability to work according to the necessary schedule to meet job requirements with or without reasonable accommodation is an essential function of this position.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, disability, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, sexual orientation, age, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Where required by state law and/or city ordinance; this employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization. For additional information, please follow this Link for English or this Link for Spanish
A little about us: