We are seeking highly motivated and energetic students to join our team as Environmental Health & Safety Engineering interns.
Why join us? Your education is just beginning!
Our interns have the opportunity to be part of real world business scenarios. Their skills are sharpened as full members of a project team, working alongside leaders in partnership with business unit clients. Interns are assigned projects based on their business unit specifications which will vary depending on location. Some of the highlights as a member of the team are business insights sessions with the Senior Leadership team across the organization, professional development opportunities, and plant tours, and social activities with other interns and colleagues. With over 50 locations across the US, there are opportunities to work in a variety places around the country. Internships typically run from May/June through August.
What are we looking for? We look for interns with:
• Demonstrated outstanding academic achievement
• A strong record of team, project and/or people leadership in a work setting and/or extracurricular activities
• The ability to thrive in fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment
• Willingness to take initiative to understand the business
• An aptitude for problem solving; strong writing and verbal communication skills
• Previous successful experience as an active member of a team
• A strong commitment to excellence and to personal and professional growth
• Must be resourceful, responsible, tenacious, curious, independent, confident and high energy
For more information, and to apply for specific internship roles, visit www.alcoa.com/campus, follow @Alcoa on Twitter at www.twitter.com/Alcoa, and follow us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/Alcoa.
• Currently enrolled in an accredited Bachelor’s degree or Master’s Degree program in Environmental Health & Safety, Industrial Hygiene, or related field.
Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher
• Relevant internship/work/research experience
A little about us:
Alcoa is a global leader in lightweight metals technology, engineering and manufacturing, innovating multi-material solutions that advance our world.