Shire is the leading global biotechnology company focused on serving people with rare diseases and other highly specialized conditions. We have best-in-class products available in more than 100 countries across core therapeutic areas including Hematology, Immunology, Neuroscience, Lysosomal Storage Disorders, Gastrointestinal / Internal Medicine / Endocrine and Hereditary Angioedema; a growing franchise in Oncology; and an emerging, innovative pipeline in Ophthalmics.
Our employees come to work every day with a shared mission: to develop and deliver breakthrough therapies for the hundreds of millions of people in the world affected by rare diseases and other high-need conditions, and who lack effective therapies to live their lives to the fullest.
Coordinate, implement and audit applicable environmental, safety and industrial hygiene programs for over 80 plus U.S. plasma collection centers and 2 testing laboratories. Provide broad support and guidance to multi-site network regarding environmental, health and safety policies and procedures to ensure a safety-minded culture mindset is sustained. Provide compliance guidance with Federal, State and Local environmental and safety regulations to business colleagues as appropriate. Complete and submit applicable internal/external compliance reports.
- Coordinate compliance activities for Environmental, Safety, and Industrial Hygiene compliance programs.
- Evaluate and monitor environmental & safety regulations at the Federal, State and local levels as applicable to the plasma collection process.
- Provide technical support and information which impact areas of environmental and/or safety compliance with Federal, State, or local regulations.
- Assist in developing and implementing site policies concerning environmental and safety issues and assist in contract safety management.
- Evaluate and monitor the requirements related to operating permits operations and construction activities included by not limited to air, hazardous/non-hazardous waste and stormwater discharges.
- Review, update and audit safety and environmental programs and procedures as needed.
- Primary contact for regulatory agencies (EPA and OSHA) for permitting and reporting.
- Prepare/assist with composing reports for both internal/external customers and regulatory agencies.
- Prepare/Assist in the development of environmental, safety and health training programs.
Equal Employment Opportunity
- B.S. Degree in Environmental, Safety or related field (e.g. Safety Engineering) (5-7 years of advanced experience may be substituted.)
- Minimum of 5-7 years of experience. Multi-site experience is desirable
- Must be conversant in EPA, OSHA, and DOT regulations. Knowledgeable in bloodborne pathogens and contractor/construction safety is a plus.
- Should have a registered professional certification in the industrial hygiene or safety field (i.e. CSP, or CIH).
Shire is an equal opportunity employer. Shire evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
EEO is the Law
EEO is the law - Supplement
Pay Transparency Policy Reasonable Accommodations
Shire is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please call 484-595-8400 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
A little about us:
At Shire, we help people with rare diseases and specialized conditions live their lives to the fullest.