Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company - one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us.
Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of an individual like you. To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork. As part of our global team, you'll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
The Environmental, Health and Safety (EHS) Specialist will provide technical environment, safety, and industrial hygiene support to site management and employees with the Minnesota Operations. The successful candidate will be a proactive leader to implement best practices and ensure compliance with applicable EHS local, state, federal and company regulations, policies, permits, and work practices.
The incumbent will be responsible for:
Qualifications: Education Minimum Requirement:
- Establishing and reporting site metrics for safety.
- Implementation of corporate policies.
- Conducting site inspections.
- Develop and deliver EHS related training.
- Assist with managing contractor EHS compliance.
- Compiling and submitting required safety, health and environmental reports to corporate and regulatory agencies.
- Chair and utilize the site safety committee to recommend and implement programs on site to address specific safety, environmental or health issues and analyze processes and procedures for potential hazards and provide input for risk reduction.
Required Experience and Skills:
- BS Degree or higher in a Science or Engineering discipline.
Preferred Experience and Skills:
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in safety, industrial hygiene and/or environmental areas.
- Knowledge of computers as a tool to perform the job.
- Ability to work independently.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
- Self-starter with strong leadership and change leadership skills.
- Must be knowledgeable of Federal and State OSHA, EPA, and EHS laws and regulations.
- Possess analytical and logical problem solving abilities.
- Ability to prioritize, focus on and obtain business results.
- Flexibility to perform various tasks to support the business.
- Ability to lift and move up to 40 lbs.
- CSP or CIH or CHMM Certification
Our employees are the key to our company's success. We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program. Our Company's benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives. If you need an accommodation for the application process please email us at email@example.com. Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement