At 3M, we apply science in collaborative ways to improve lives daily. With $30 billion in sales, our 90,000 employees connect with customers all around the world.
3M has a long-standing reputation as a company committed to innovation. We provide the freedom to explore and encourage curiosity and creativity. We gain new insight from diverse thinking, and take risks on new ideas.
Here, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter.Job Description:3M is seeking an Environmental, Health, Safety and Regulatory (EHS&R) Manager for the Abrasive Systems Division (ASD) located in Maplewood, MinnesotaJob Summary:
The person hired for this position will be responsible for direct management and global leadership of the Abrasive Systems Division's (ASD) EHS&R/Product Responsibility Liaison Team. This team is responsible for assessing, addressing and minimizing product environmental, health, safety and material regulatory risk for the Abrasive Systems Division's product lines. This person is responsible for direct management of U.S. raw material specifications for Abrasive Systems Division and Automotive Aftermarket Division.
The ideal candidate will be an experienced EHS&R professional with strong capabilities in materials compliance across a variety of products and markets. We're looking for a person who is collaborative, a great communicator, has excellent judgement, and can perform in a fast-paced, growing, global division.Primary Responsibilities
include but are not limited to the following:
- Managing the U.S.-based PRL team
- Providing global coordination for international PRL's
- Identifying, prioritizing and assigning specific EHS&R projects to improve the division's environmental foot-print, sustainability, product life cycles and product safety
- Managing and approving EHS&R requirements for NPI/MOC programs
- Providing subject matter expertise for division owned product EHS regulatory requirements
- Collaborating with Corporate Toxicology and Compliance Services
- Identifying and tracking product EHS regulations
- Communicating product EHS regulatory requirements and trends to business units and management
- Assisting with TSCA Management Systems audits at U.S.-based manufacturing sites
- Member of the division safety committee
- Owning EHS claims
- Bachelor's degree or higher in a science or engineering discipline from an accredited institution
- Minimum of six (6) years of combined experience in one or more of the following areas: Environmental, Health, Safety, Regulatory Requirements, Product Responsibility, and/or Materials Compliance
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience supervising or managing direct reports
- Experience with EHS & Regulatory product life cycles and product safety
- Risk Management experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- An independent voice who is willing to speak up
- Experience with chemical and article product compliance requirements
- Experience with hard goods/electronic product compliance requirements
- Experience with industrial, commercial, and consumer market compliance requirement
- New product development experience and an understanding of related functions including supply chain and sourcing
- Experience working on both multifunctional teams and international teams
: Maplewood, MNTravel:
May include up to 10% domestic/internationalRelocation Benefits:
Are not authorized for this position
Learn more about 3M's creative solutions to the world's problems at www.3M.com or on Twitter @3M or @3MNewsroom.
Please access the linked document by clicking here , select the country where you are applying for employment, and review. Before submitting your application you will be asked to confirm your agreement with the terms.
Innovation is a way of life at 3M. We solve problems by applying creativity, team work and ingenuity to improve life for millions of people worldwide.