About the company
A career at the company offers opportunity, ownership and impact.
All over the world, the company colleagues work together to positively impact health for everyone, everywhere. Our colleagues have the opportunity to grow and develop a career that offers both individual and company success; be part of an ownership culture that values diversity and where all colleagues are energized and engaged; and the ability to impact the health and lives of millions of people. the company, a global leader in the biopharmaceutical industry, is continuously seeking top talent who are inspired by our purpose to innovate to bring therapies to patients that significantly improve their lives.
The Environmental Remediation Specialist will be responsible for the development and execution of strategies to address environmental remediation obligations for a portfolio of projects located at active facilities and formerly active sites. The role involves working in a team environment as part of a matrix organization.
• Oversee a portfolio of diverse environmental remediation projects
• Support project teams on larger or more complex projects
• Provide expert technical oversight and input during all project phases
• Direct and supervise third party consultants
• Review and approve project related documents and deliverables.
• Maintain strict budget and cash flow management
• Ensure a strong health and safety culture
• Ensure regulatory compliance and effective agency interaction
• Travel to domestic and international sites as required
• Ensure effective partner and stakeholder engagement
Education and Experience:
• A Bachelor's degree or higher in in geology, environmental science, engineering, or a similar scientific major.
• 3 to 5 years of experience as an environmental remediation professional
• Demonstrated project execution experience
• Proven ability to effectively manage multiple projects or assignments simultaneously
• Experienced in field investigation techniques, remedial feasibility testing, remedial alternatives analyses, and remedy implementation.
• Experience in leading environmental due diligence and supporting transactions preferable
• International project experience preferable
• Self-motivated individual who is effective working in a matrix team environment.
• Environmental remediation projects management.
• Communication, teamwork, analytical, organizational, technical writing, and client service skills.
• Appropriate application of remedial methods and technologies.
• Interpretation of environmental regulations.
• Remedial cost estimation and budget/cash flow management.
• Management of third party vendor engagements.
• Professional certifications and/or OSHA HAZWOPER and RCRA/DOT training is beneficial.
NON-STANDARD WORK SCHEDULE, TRAVEL OR ENVIRONMENT REQUIREMENTS
Domestic and/or international travel may be required consistent with the project demands.
Other Information - Internal
Colleagues who are issued an Incident Final Warning (IFW) on or after January 1, 2016, are not eligible to post and compete for a position for a period of 12-months from the date an IFW is issued.
EEO & Employment Eligibility
the company is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. the company also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. the company is an E-Verify employer.
A little about us:
Join Pfizer in our mission to find sustainable solutions to the most urgent health care challenges of our time. Your service is needed.