Environmental Svc Attnd - Sr
The Environmental Svc Attnd- Sr may work in any location on client premises. This individual serves as the employee lead and cleans and keeps in an orderly condition facilities or locations in the areas of commercial, health care, schools, universities or other establishments. The general responsibilities of the position include those listed below, but Sodexo may identify other responsibilities of the position. These responsibilities may differ among accounts, depending on business necessities and client requirements.
* Cleans offices, patients /residents rooms, dorms, classrooms, schools, common areas, lavatories, halls, food service areas and any other areas that may require attention.
* Sweeps, mops, scrubs, polishes floors and vacuums hallways, stairs and office space.
* Cleans light fixtures, ceilings and vents, walls mattresses, furniture, windows and window coverings.
* Will be required to properly and safely use cleaning chemicals per manufacturer and Sodexo standards.
* Empties trash and garbage containers.
* Replenishes supplies.
* May shampoo and cleans carpets or buff and polish floors which will require the use of mechanical equipment.
* May change sheets and replenish linens.
* May perform routine equipment maintenance and make minor repairs.
* May drive a golf cart or other vehicles.
* Moves furniture and sets-up tables and chairs.
* Notifies supervisor concerning need for major repairs or additions to lighting, heating, and ventilating equipment.
* Complies with all company safety and risk management policies and procedures.
* Reports all accidents and injuries in a timely manner.
* Participates in regular safety meetings, safety training and hazard assessments.
* Applies all applicable OSHA and related local safety requirements to all assigned work.
* Performs all work in accordance with established safety procedures.
* Attends training programs (classroom and virtual) as designated.
* Serves as lead Environmental Services Attendant.
* May be required to operate Xerox Equipment.
* Assigns and checks work of lower level employees.
* May be responsible for taking inventory and supporting product ordering process.
* Assist in training employees.
* May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
* Job Qualifications:*
* High School Diploma or GED or equivalent work experience.
* 2 or more years of related work experience.
* Must be able to direct staff and allocate resources.
* Ability to learn and use established techniques for the efficient and compliant completion of duties.
* Ability to present self in a highly professional manner to others and understands that honesty and ethics are essential.
* Ability to maintain a positive attitude.
* Ability to communicate with co-workers and other departments with professionalism and respect.
* Ability to maintain a professional relationship with all coworkers, vendor representatives, supervisors, managers, customers and client representatives.
* Ability to provide clear directions and respond accordingly to employees.
* Good attention to detail.
* Ability to work well under pressure.
* Adequate/reasonable oral and written communication skills.
* Ability to work well alone and in a team.
* Ability to use all relevant electronic and communication devices.
* Knowledge of and proficiency in all OSHA and local requirements related to all assigned work.
* Ability to provide clear directions and respond appropriately to employees.
*Certifications:* Blood Borne Pathogen Training.
* Knowledge of proper and safe use of applicable custodial equipment.
* Willingness to be open to learning and growing.
* Maturity of judgment and behavior.
* Maintains high standards for work areas and appearance.
* Attends work and shows up for scheduled shift on time with satisfactory regularity in light of Sodexo time and attendance policy and/or client operating hours.
* Ability to work a flexible schedule.
* Must comply with any dress code requirements.
* Must be able to work nights, weekends and some holidays.
* /Physical Requirements:/*
* Close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus, with or without corrective lenses.
* Significant walking or other means of mobility.
* Ability to work in a standing position for long periods of time (up to 8 hours).
* Ability to reach, bend, stoop, push and/or pull, and frequently lift up to 35 pounds and occasionally lift/move 40 pounds.
*/Working Conditions (may add additional conditions specific to defined work location):/*
* Generally in an indoor setting; however, may participate in outside activities and events.
* Varying schedule to include evenings, holidays, weekends and extended hours as business dictates.
* While performing the duties of this job, the employee is primarily in a controlled, temperate environment; however, may be exposed to heat/cold during support of outside activities.
* The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.
* Wears protective clothing and/or Personal Protective Equipment required by the work environment or governmental regulations.
* Will be exposed to various cleaning chemicals.
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer. Sodexo is committed to upholding the spirit and principles of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 and the 1998 amendment to the Act. If, due to a disability, you require a reasonable accommodation to navigate this site and/or complete the on-line application process, please contact SodexoFrontlineApplicationSupport.USA@sodexo.com for assistance. For more information about our commitment to equal employment opportunity, please click here.