Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Waste Management (WM), a Fortune 250 company, is the leading provider of comprehensive waste and environmental services in North America. We are strongly committed to a foundation of operating excellence, professionalism and financial strength. WM serves nearly 25 million customers in residential, commercial, industrial and municipal markets throughout North America through a network of collection operations, transfer stations, landfills, recycling facilities and waste-based energy production projects. I. Job Summary
Performs inspections to determine compliance with hazardous waste management, environmental monitoring and health & safety regulations II. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other minor duties may be assigned.
III. Supervisory Responsibilities
- Conducts facility inspections as required by OSHA, RCRA, NPDES, SPCC, and TSCA regulations and other State, Federal, and Corporate requirements, using guidelines supplied, to check for compliance with standards.
- Records results of inspections and enters on computer database, keeping database current.
- Provides support for groundwater, leachate and other related sampling specified by compliance\monitoring supervisor, Corporate, Federal and State requirements.
- Reference site-specific procedures and more detailed site-specific job descriptions.
- Performing other duties as assigned.
This job has no supervisory duties. IV. Qualifications
The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job.
A. Education and Experience
- Education: Not required.
- Experience: One year of prior work experience and/or training
B. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirements
- Sampler Certification Module
C. Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities Required
New Employee Training
- HAZWOPER (24 Hour)
- DOT & M2Z (Driver Only)
RCRA / HAZWOPER Training
- Resource Conservation & Recovery Act (RCRA)
- Clean Air Act (CAA)
- Clean Water Act (CWA)
- Toxic Substance Control Act (TSCA)
- Superfund Amendment & Reauthorization Act (SARA)
- Comprehensive Environmental Response, Compensation, and Liability Act (CERCLA)
- National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System (NPDES)
- Occupational Safety & Health Act (OSHA)
- Hazardous Waste Transportation Act (HWTA)
- Code of Federal Regulation (CFR 40, 29, & 49)
- Contingency Plan
- Spill Prevention Control & Countermeasure Plan (SPCC)
- Security Plan
- Standard Division Practices (per department) (SDPs)
Refresher Training As Required By Law
- Pre-Employment Physical and Drug Test
- Complete Physical Biennially
- Pulmonary Function Test (PFT), Audiogram and Respirator Fit Test annual
- Physical at Termination
- Respirators - Full face OV/AG or half face with face shield
- Full face supplied air in some arrears
- Suit - Appropriate Barrier Suite: Liquid - yellow Tyvek with sleeves, apron, booties Solid - white Tyvek
- Gloves - appropriate to hazards present - PVC over Nitrile or Butyl (Liquid Waste) Leather Work (Solid Waste), Leather/Cloth work (when handling equipment or containers)
- Overshoes - Vinyl Booties - Waterproof Boots - Chemical Resistant Boots
- Safety glasses
- Hard Hats
- Shoes - Steel toe
C. Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities Required V. Work Environment
Listed below are key points regarding environmental demands and work environment of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Normal setting for this job is: office setting and/or landfill/outdoor. Benefits
At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability. As well as a Stock Purchase Plan, Company match on 401K, and more! Our employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Please note that benefits may vary by site.
If this sounds like the opportunity that you have been looking for, please click "Apply."
Waste Management, Inc. is North America's leading provider of integrated environmental solutions.