Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Waste Management (WM), a Fortune 250 company, is the leading provider of comprehensive waste and environmental services in North America. We are strongly committed to a foundation of operating excellence, professionalism and financial strength. WM serves nearly 25 million customers in residential, commercial, industrial and municipal markets throughout North America through a network of collection operations, transfer stations, landfills, recycling facilities and waste-based energy production projects. I. Job Summary
Supports WMSS onsite program, including manual labor associated with chemical handling, lab pack duties, drum movements within the facility, drum bulking, drum crushing, assisting when extra personnel are needed, and other duties as assigned. This is an entry level, non-supervisory position focused on hazardous and non-hazardous waste related projects. II. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
III. Supervisory Responsibilities
- Ensure waste types are properly segregated, regulatory shipment windows are met, proper container labeling is adhered to, good housekeeping is maintained and accurate tracking logs are kept.
- Identify best practices that assist customers in reducing waste volumes, increasing operational efficiencies, identifying optimal equipment usage and generating cost savings.
- Segregate, label, mark and package waste materials in a safe and compliant manner.
- Collect, pour, transfer, consolidate, repackage and package solid, liquid & sludge material.
- Perform labor intensive activities such as container or drum collection, drum bulking, sorting trash for recyclables, and loading of trucks.
- Transfer waste into containers of different size.
- Provide labor support at 90 Day Hazardous Waste Pad, when applicable.
- May provide support or direction to less experienced Technicians.
- Wears required personal protective equipment.
- Participates and cooperates in safety process, including following written procedures, attending required training and scheduled meetings.
- Immediately reports any unsafe conditions, incidents, injuries or property damage to supervisor.
- Follows Environmental and Quality Management System (ISO 14001/9001) policy, procedures, and operational controls related to job responsibilities.
- Maintains compliance with applicable environmental, safety and transportation regulations (EPA, OSHA, and DOT).
This job has no supervisory duties. IV. Qualifications
The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job.
A. Education and Experience
- Education: Associate's Degree (accredited), or in lieu of degree, High School Diploma or GED (accredited) and 2 years of relevant work experience.
- Experience: None required (in addition to education requirement).
B. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirements
C. Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities Required
V. Work Environment
- Must be able to work independently with little direction, and as a member of a team.
Listed below are key points regarding environmental demands and work environment of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job:
- Required to use motor coordination with finger dexterity (such as keyboarding, machine operation, etc) most of the work day;
- Required to exert physical effort in handling objects up to 30 pounds most of the work day;
- Required to exert physical effort in handling objects up to 50 pounds occasionally;
- Required to be exposed to physical occupational risks (such as cuts, burns, exposure to toxic chemicals, etc) most of the work day;
- Required to be exposed to physical environment which involves dirt, odors, noise, weather extremes or similar elements most of the workday;
- Ability to perform tasks in inclement weather.
Note: The level of physical effort may vary from site to site and in some cases be greater or lesser than documented here. Benefits
At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability. As well as a Stock Purchase Plan, Company match on 401K, and more! Our employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Please note that benefits may vary by site.
If this sounds like the opportunity that you have been looking for, please click "Apply."
Waste Management, Inc. is North America's leading provider of integrated environmental solutions.