Grand Strand Health is a multi-facility health system located on the coast of the Grand Strand community and has facilities throughout the Grand Strand to provide quality, convenient healthcare.
Grand Strand Medical Center is a 301-bed acute care hospital serving residents of Horry and surrounding counties. Our hospital offers the only cardiac surgery program, neurosurgery program and pediatric intensive care unit (PICU) in Horry and Georgetown counties and is a designated Level II trauma center by DHEC and the American College of Surgeons.
Grand Strand Medical Center is recognized by the Joint Commission, a leading accreditor of healthcare organizations in the United States, for our sepsis program and as a top performer in key quality measures for heart attack, heart failure, pneumonia and surgical care. In addition, we have received awards from the American Heart Association for our treatment of heart attacks and stroke. Position Summary:
- The Cardiac Catheterization / Electrophysiology Lab Technicians are responsible for the overall care and evaluation of patients having invasive procedures performed in the Electrophysiology Lab.
- These duties include but are not limited to performing sterile scrub procedures and/or monitoring patients during procedures on the Maclab, Cardiolab and/or Workmate, for both diagnostic and interventional electrophysiology studies, device implants, ablations, tilt table procedures, vascular procedures, and any other cardiac procedures performed in the Cath or EP lab.
- Job may involve being crossed trained to perform procedures and take call in the cardiac catheterization lab. The job may include transporting patients, clerical work, ordering supplies for both the EP lab and Cath Lab and any other duties the Coordinators or Director deems necessary.
- Job may include supervision of students at the discretion of the area supervisor.
- ACLS & BLS certification required. RCIS is preferred.
- The candidate must meet the current CCI requirements to sit for the CCI Registered Cardiovascular Invasive Specialist Exam.
- High School graduate or GED with the RCIS credential and/or able to meet the current CCI requirements to sit of the CCI Registered Cardiovascular Invasive Specialist Exam.
- Previous experience in a Cath Lab, EP Lab, Surgical OR, Interventional Radiology or any position that requires scrubbing in during sterile procedures.
D. Special qualifications:
- A Positive Attitude is a requirement. Effective communication skills; both orally and written. Computer skills needed.
- Ability to work as a team and work with others within a team to ensure quality patient care.
- Strong problem solving skills. ACLS & BLS.
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom