Coliseum Health System is proud to serve the Macon and middle Georgia communities with two excellent medical/surgical facilities, Coliseum Medical Centers and Coliseum Northside Hospital.
Coliseum Health System is a two-hospital system located in Macon. You know us better as Coliseum Medical Centers and Coliseum Northside Hospital. Over the last 40 years, it has been our privilege to care for many of you, your family and friends. Position Summary:
- The EP Lab Technician is responsible for overall care and evaluation of patients having EP procedures and cardiac device implantations performed in the EP Lab.
- These duties include circulating, physiologically monitoring patients during EP procedures, and performing sterile scrub procedures for both diagnostic and interventional procedures.
- Job may include direct supervision of students at the discretion of the area supervisor.
- Employee must have the same licensure or have completed the same training to satisfy the requirements of the discipline of the student.
- Direct supervision means the primary caregiver is readily available to the student throughout the shift.
- BLS-Healthcare provider
- * Transfers/New Hires have six (6) months from employment to obtain ACLS certification
- Associate Degree in Cardiovascular Technician desired but not mandatory.
D. Special qualifications:
- Previous Cardiac Catheterization required. EP experience preferred.
- Performs in accordance with delineated job responsibilities and satisfactorily completes a yearly evaluation based on these responsibilities.
- Must possess the knowledge and skills necessary to effectively meet the needs of the patient/internal & external customer
- Effective communication skills; both orally and written.
- Computer skills needed.
- Ability to work within a team to ensure quality patient care. Strong problem solving skills
Degree of Supervision Required :
Involves general guidance and direction by Department Manager. The employee will be expected to perform most job duties independently and in accordance with established departmental and hospital policies and procedures.