Joining The Microsoft Team Means…
Microsoft envisions a world where passionate innovators come to collaborate, envisioning what can be and taking their careers places they simply couldn’t anywhere else. This is a world of more possibility, more innovation, more openness, and sky’s-the-limit thinking – a cloud-enabled world.
Our mission is to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. This mission is ambitious and at the core of what our customers and employees care deeply about. We have unique capability in harmonizing the needs of both individuals and organizations. We deeply care about taking our ideals and vision global and making a difference in lives and organizations in all corners of the planet.
We are always learning. Insatiably curious. We lean into uncertainty, take risks, and learn quickly from our mistakes. We build on each other’s ideas, because we are better together. We stand in awe of what humans dare to achieve and are motivated every day to empower others to do more and achieve more through our technology and innovation. Together we make a difference.
To learn more about Microsoft’s mission, please visit: https://careers.microsoft.com/mission-culture
Check out all of our products at: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us
The Global Black Belt Technology Sales Professional is a technical sales professional within our strategic enterprise sales organization working with our strategic enterprise customers. A GBB TSP contributes to revenue and cloud market share growth of the Microsoft Cloud Infrastructure business by leading technical engagements for designing and implementing enterprise grade solutions based on Microsoft cloud nfrastructure technologies which include Microsoft Azure, Azure Stack, Windows Server, System Center and Operations Management Suite.
You will own customer engagement from end to end including: architectural design sessions, Proof of Concepts and driving implementation by working closing with Microsoft services and partners. The ideal candidate will have experience in customer facing roles and success leading deep technical architecture and application design discussions with senior customer executives.
The Impact You’ll Be Making…
Drive the technical decision at the customer to buy, architect, develop or adopt their solution based on Microsoft technology
- Explain, demonstrate, and prove in-depth what Microsoft’s products and services can do and how to enable and manage them for the largest enterprise customers by driving technical presentations, demonstrations, Architectural Design Session, PoC’s and Pilots, leveraging partners (P-Sellers)or Consulting Services (MCS) as needed
- Clear technical, competitive and security blockers to Cloud Infrastructure sales.
- Drive architecture and technical discussion to lead cloud security, privacy, and compliance discussions.
Be the connection and orchestration point for other technical resources:
- Provide feedback to sales, marketing, and engineering on current and future product requirements.
- Communicate and escalate technical, architectural and competitive blockers and insight to their appropriate channel.
- Develop partner engagements for driving the sale, deployment, and adoption of Microsoft solutions.
- Orchestrate cross-workload solutions with other technical ressources (internaly and from Partner) for other Microsoft products and services.
Stay sharp and share your knowledge:
- Continuously nurture and expand your technical, sales, and competitive readiness.
- Participate in internal Microsoft technical communities and in the broader industry through events, blogs, whitepapers, and articles for your domain.
Who we’re looking for…
Experiences Required: Education, Key Experiences, Skills and Knowledge: Professional - Experienced. 10+ years of related experience in technical pre-sales and/or technical consulting roles required
- Excellent Communicator. Strong negotiation, organizational, presentation, product demo, written, and verbal communication skills required
- Executive Presence. Proven experience engaging with senior level executives required
- Performer. Highly driven person who consistently exceeds goals and expectations required
- Collaborative. Able to work cohesively with members of the Microsoft sales & services field, Microsoft partners, and Microsoft corporate sales, engineering, and marketing required Technical
- Infrastructure architect. 10+ years of architecture, design, implementation, and/or support of highly distributed applications (i.e. having an architectural sense for ensuring availability, reliability, etc.); and broad knowledge of and ability to explain key end-user scenarios and technical architecture in the Cloud Infrastructure space with experience in hybrid cloud infrastructure and management required
- Domain-specific subject matter expert. Deep technical knowledge of implementation scenarios across all infrastructure workloads; and to provide meaningful technical feedback to engineering groups required
- Cloud Trust. Demonstrated knowledge of security, privacy, and compliance and how they factor into cloud and hybrid solutions required
- Planning for success. Understand cloud deployment and adoption planning required
- Technical breadth. Enterprise-scale experience with cloud and hybrid infrastructures (including Windows and Linux/OSS technologies), architecture designs, migrations and management of technology required Education
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field required
- Certifications in domain-specific (Hybrid Management, Networking, Compute, HPC, Hybrid storage, and Linux/OSS) technologies preferred
- Certification in Azure infrastructure exams (70-533 or 70-534) required - ITIL Certification preferred
- Certifications in information security desired
At Microsoft, we believe that diversity enriches our performance and products, the communities where we live and work, and the lives of our employees. As our workforce evolves to reflect the growing diversity of our communities and the global marketplace, our efforts to understand, value, and incorporate differences become increasingly important. Come explore diversity at Microsoft!
A little about us:
Microsoft offers training and employment opportunities to help you turn your military experience and skills into a civilian technology career.