Aviation Business & General Aviation & Integrated Systems
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Working for GE Aviation is exciting & challenging.Come see what you are missing!
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Posted Position Title
EPISCenter Advanced Lead Engineer - Electrical Component
Location(s) Where Opening Is Available United States
U.S. State, China or Canada Provinces
The EPISCenter Advanced Lead Engineer - Electrical Component - Motor / Generator Electromagnetics will perform indepth motor and generator magnetic analysis / design for aerospace applications, using analytic and finite element tools. In this role, you will support the development of new products from concept to production under the direction of the Engineering Project Manager and with minimum supervision.
In addition you will :
* Execute the design, analysis, or evaluation of assigned individual and team projects using sound engineering principles and adhering to business standards, practices, procedures, and product / program requirements
* Provide technical leadership to personnel / cross functional teams supporting the assigned project
* Implement plans with guidance to meet technical requirements of assigned components and systems
* Develop action plans with guidance to respond to issues / problems
* Lead or participate on teams assigned to address organizational initiatives and generic issues
* Recommend, with guidance, the approach to meet the technical and program requirements
* Participate and present or review in technical and program reviews
* Assure proper documentation of technical data generated for the assigned projects and / or tasks consistent with engineering policies and procedures
* Lead the electromagnetic design of electric machines (motors and generators)
* Design stators and rotors for synchronous, permanent magnet and induction machines
* Use analytical tools to estimate weight, size, power quality, electric and thermal performance, and to determine number of poles, winding patterns, slot and lamination geometries, etc.
* Use FEA and other simulation tools to model and predict fundamental electric machine electromagnetic behavior
* Support system integration efforts
* Contribute to production support activities, e.g., cost reduction and engineering productivity, troubleshooting customer units, etc.
* Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering or related engineering degree from an accredited college or university (OR a High School Diploma / GED with a
minimum of 5 years of related professional work experience)
* Minimum of 3 years of experience in electromagnetic analysis of electric motors or generators
* Minimum of 3 years of experience in the design or analysis of electric motors or generators in a production environment
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
* Advanced Degree in Electrical Engineering from an accredited university or college (with a focus on electric motor or generator electromagnetic design)
* Strong oral and written communication skills
* Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
* Ability to influence others and lead small teams
* Lead initiatives of moderate scope and impact
* Ability to coordinate several projects simultaneously
* Effective problem identification and solution skills
* Proven analytical and organizational ability
* Relevant experience with medium voltage, 1-20 megawatt machines
* Lead proposal, requirements definition, design, build, test, validation and initial production stages of the New Product Introduction process
* Experience with Ansoft / Ansys suite of analysis tools
* Ability to design for Electromagnetic Interference (EMI), thermal, and manufacturing considerations
* Technical background and experience in Power Electronics or Motor Control
* Experience in designing aerospace products
Why join one great company when you can join many? We are more than 280,000 people with jobs that range from biochemist to finance specialist to wind energy engineer. We're passionate about making life better with new ideas and technologies. We're diverse, supporting our communities in more than 140 countries. Experience personal growth and competency development as part of the GE team. Around the world, we are helping build the healthcare, transportation and aviation of the new century.
At GE Aviation, we are imagination at work. Whether we're manufacturing components for our GEnx engines or driving innovation in fuel and noise reduction, the GE Aviation teams are dedicated to turning imaginative ideas into advances in aviation that solve some of the world's toughest problems. Join us and you'll find yourself in a dynamic environment where our ongoing, substantial investment in research and development keeps us moving forward and looking ahead. Here you'll work collaboratively and across functions with the highest caliber talent, utilizing cutting-edge technology and processes. Whether it's the next generation of ecomagination products or the future of aircraft engines, we've got the state-of-the-art resources to make those innovations a reality. If you're passionate about aviation and looking for a career rich with challenges and unlimited opportunities for growth and advancement, then join GE in reengineering the sky through aviation innovations that will impact the globe for generations to come.
To stay connected with exciting news and the latest job opportunities from GE businesses, follow us on twitter:@geconnections
A little about us:
GE imagination at work.