Aviation Business & General Aviation & Integrated Systems
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Looking for a challenge where your experience is valued?Come see what you can achieve as a leader with GE Aviation!
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Posted Position Title
EPISCenter Hybrid Propulsion Sr. Design Eng.- Power Elec
Location(s) Where Opening Is Available United States
U.S. State, China or Canada Provinces
EPISCenter Hybrid Propulsion Sr. Design Engineer-Power Electronics will design hybrid electric power conversion systems to support aerospace applications. The work will be performed in a multidisciplinary team environment. In this role, you will lead the design activities from concept to production under minimum supervision, work with other engineers to develop solutions to meet requirements / specifications, and act as a technical lead supporting the Engineering Project Manager and Tech Lead.
In addition you will :
* Design, test, and troubleshoot hybrid propulsion electric power conversion systems from 250kW to +1MW
* Define architectures for low voltage (115 Vac or 270 Vdc systems) and medium voltage (500V to +2kV)
* Provide technical guidance for the definition of inverters, dc-dc converters, and other power conversion topologies
* Define performance metrics and solutions to achieve stability, impedance, dynamics, harmonics, power quality, etc.
* Understand the interaction between electric machines, power converters, and their control loops
Model and simulate power conversion systems (Matlab / Simulink, etc.)
* Design Power Filters to meet the customer requirements
* Create designs that minimize parasitic RLC and follow EMI / EMC best practices as they apply to power electronics
* Select and specify power semiconductor devices (rectifiers, bipolar transistors, MOSFETS, thyristors, IGBTs, etc.)
* Define and design gate drive circuits and apply isolation techniques
* Provide guidance for the layout of PCBs; define power planes, critical circuits, and circuit board materials
* Define, analyze, and measure control performance parameters (e.g., stability, response time) as they apply to power electronics
* Define, select, and specify magnetics (inductors and transformers) for power electronics, including materials
* Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering from an accredited college or university with a minimum of 7 years of related professional work experience
* Master's Degree in Electrical Engineering from an accredited college or university with a minimum of 5 years of related professional work experience
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
* Familiarity with hybrid electric propulsion systems
* Knowledge of FAA certification process and regulations
* Familiarity with inverters, dc-dc converters, and other power conversion topologies
* Understanding of parasitic and EMI / EMC concepts as it applies to power electronics
* Knowledge of power semiconductor devices (rectifiers, bipolar transistors, MOSFETS, thyristors, IGBTs, etc.)
* Knowledge of gate drive circuits and isolation
* Understanding of PCB layout guidelines, ground planes, and materials
* Understanding of control concepts as it applies to power electronics
* Strong background in magnetics for power electronics, including materials
* Experience with analog and digital electronics circuits
* Familiarity with electric machines
* Familiarity with analog filters, transistor circuits, op-amp circuits, interface circuits, signal conditioning, A / Ds, D / As, on-board power supplies, etc.
* Familiarity with digital filters, logic circuits, complex logic, microcontrollers, I / O and communication interface circuits, logic families, digital memory, etc.
* Working knowledge of discrete components (capacitors, resistors, inductors, semiconductors, connectors, etc.)
* Modeling and simulation experience (PSpice, Matlab / Simulink, etc.)
* Design and implementation of digital systems on different DSP and FPGA platforms
* Understanding of military and commercial qualification specifications, including MIL-STD-810, MIL-STD-704, MIL-STD-461, DO-160, DO-178 and DO-254
* Environmental and performance qualification experience
* Background and understanding in aircraft power systems, including generation, conversion, distribution, and aircraft loads
* Experience and working knowledge of low and high frequency magnetics design
* Prior work experience in aerospace power generation / conversion products
* Capability to do hardware-software partitioning and to define software functionality
Why join one great company when you can join many? We are more than 280,000 people with jobs that range from biochemist to finance specialist to wind energy engineer. We're passionate about making life better with new ideas and technologies. We're diverse, supporting our communities in more than 140 countries. Experience personal growth and competency development as part of the GE team. Around the world, we are helping build the healthcare, transportation and aviation of the new century.
At GE Aviation, we are imagination at work. Whether we're manufacturing components for our GEnx engines or driving innovation in fuel and noise reduction, the GE Aviation teams are dedicated to turning imaginative ideas into advances in aviation that solve some of the world's toughest problems. Join us and you'll find yourself in a dynamic environment where our ongoing, substantial investment in research and development keeps us moving forward and looking ahead. Here you'll work collaboratively and across functions with the highest caliber talent, utilizing cutting-edge technology and processes. Whether it's the next generation of ecomagination products or the future of aircraft engines, we've got the state-of-the-art resources to make those innovations a reality. If you're passionate about aviation and looking for a career rich with challenges and unlimited opportunities for growth and advancement, then join GE in reengineering the sky through aviation innovations that will impact the globe for generations to come.
To stay connected with exciting news and the latest job opportunities from GE businesses, follow us on twitter:@geconnections
A little about us:
GE imagination at work.