Aviation Business & General Aviation & Integrated Systems
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Working for GE Aviation is exciting & challenging.Come see what you are missing!
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Posted Position Title
EPISCenter Lead Systems Test Engineer - Test Automation
Location(s) Where Opening Is Available United States
U.S. State, China or Canada Provinces
The Lead Systems Test Engineer - Test Automation will be responsible for the software automation of test equipment for aerospace systems life-cycle testing from system test requirements development, design and development of test equipment, qualification, verification, and validation of test equipment.
The Lead Systems Test Engineer - Test Automation will demonstrate leadership in communicating business goals, programs, and processes for an area or business segment. In this role, you will utilize your experience or expertise to solve problems, develop and execute objectives for self and others, and have the ability to effect short-term and some long-term business goals.
In addition, you will:
* Be responsible for the automating test equipment for system level testing for electrical power generation systems
* Apply and develop automated test frameworks and tools to meet program needs
* Be responsible for developing and maintaining a data management system
* Make technical presentations at various design reviews and technical meetings
* Support new programs with inputs for testability and maintainability early in the design cycle
* Provide the technical knowledge to rapidly prototype test equipment to meet new requirements
* Act as a technical liaison with vendors when test equipment is purchased outside
* Lead technical personnel in all aspects of engineering validation
* Lead or participate in technology and program level reviews
* Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university (Or a High School Diploma / GED with a minimum of 3 years of experience in a testing or engineering position)
* Minimum of 3 years of experience in test automation
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
* Experience in Labview, C / C++, Python or other programming languages
* Experience in GUI development skills
* Experience developing databases and data management systems
* Knowledge of instrumentation communication protocol: GPIB, TCPIP, RS-232, and USB
* Practical SQL server knowledge and skills
* Experience with high power test equipment
* Knowledge of electrical, electronics, electro-mechanical troubleshooting
* Knowledge of hydraulic, pneumatic and temperature controls and troubleshooting
* Experience with eCAD tools
Why join one great company when you can join many? We are more than 280,000 people with jobs that range from biochemist to finance specialist to wind energy engineer. We're passionate about making life better with new ideas and technologies. We're diverse, supporting our communities in more than 140 countries. Experience personal growth and competency development as part of the GE team. Around the world, we are helping build the healthcare, transportation and aviation of the new century.
At GE Aviation, we are imagination at work. Whether we're manufacturing components for our GEnx engines or driving innovation in fuel and noise reduction, the GE Aviation teams are dedicated to turning imaginative ideas into advances in aviation that solve some of the world's toughest problems. Join us and you'll find yourself in a dynamic environment where our ongoing, substantial investment in research and development keeps us moving forward and looking ahead. Here you'll work collaboratively and across functions with the highest caliber talent, utilizing cutting-edge technology and processes. Whether it's the next generation of ecomagination products or the future of aircraft engines, we've got the state-of-the-art resources to make those innovations a reality. If you're passionate about aviation and looking for a career rich with challenges and unlimited opportunities for growth and advancement, then join GE in reengineering the sky through aviation innovations that will impact the globe for generations to come.
To stay connected with exciting news and the latest job opportunities from GE businesses, follow us on twitter:@geconnections
A little about us:
GE imagination at work.