Aviation Business & General Aviation & Integrated Systems
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Working for GE Aviation is exciting & challenging.Come see what you are missing!
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Posted Position Title
EPISCenter Lead Test Equipment Engineer
Location(s) Where Opening Is Available United States
U.S. State, China or Canada Provinces
The Lead Test Equipment Engineer will be responsible for defining test equipment requirements, design and development of test equipment, and the verification and validation of test equipment. Also, they will be responsible for maintaining and overseeing existing test equipment.
In addition you will :
* Development of test equipment for a variety of electrical and mechanical products
* Work programs to understand test needs
* Support troubleshooting and repair of in-facility equipment
* Support new programs with inputs for testability and maintainability early in the design cycle
* Provide the technical knowledge to rapidly prototype test equipment to meet new requirements
* Act as a technical liaison with vendors when test equipment is purchased outside
* Bachelor of Science in Engineering, Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, or Computer Science from an accredited university or college (or a high school diploma / GED with a minimum of 4 years of IT, engineering, scientific or other technical experience)
* A minimum of 3 years of experience in an engineering position
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
* Experience with high speed / high power motor and gearbox systems
* Knowledge of electrical, electronics, electro-mechanical troubleshooting
* Knowledge of hydraulic, pneumatics and temperature controls and troubleshooting
* Strong documentation skills and computer skills
* Knowledge of and experience in software controls
* Experience in Labview, Python, C / C++ or other programming languages
* Experience with eCAD tools
* Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
* Ability to work independently
* Strong problem solving and math skills
* Strong oral and written communication skills
* Naturally curious and desire to learn
Why join one great company when you can join many? We are more than 280,000 people with jobs that range from biochemist to finance specialist to wind energy engineer. We're passionate about making life better with new ideas and technologies. We're diverse, supporting our communities in more than 140 countries. Experience personal growth and competency development as part of the GE team. Around the world, we are helping build the healthcare, transportation and aviation of the new century.
At GE Aviation, we are imagination at work. Whether we're manufacturing components for our GEnx engines or driving innovation in fuel and noise reduction, the GE Aviation teams are dedicated to turning imaginative ideas into advances in aviation that solve some of the world's toughest problems. Join us and you'll find yourself in a dynamic environment where our ongoing, substantial investment in research and development keeps us moving forward and looking ahead. Here you'll work collaboratively and across functions with the highest caliber talent, utilizing cutting-edge technology and processes. Whether it's the next generation of ecomagination products or the future of aircraft engines, we've got the state-of-the-art resources to make those innovations a reality. If you're passionate about aviation and looking for a career rich with challenges and unlimited opportunities for growth and advancement, then join GE in reengineering the sky through aviation innovations that will impact the globe for generations to come.
To stay connected with exciting news and the latest job opportunities from GE businesses, follow us on twitter:@geconnections
A little about us:
GE imagination at work.