Equipment Development and Engineering team is part of PepsiCo Global R&D that works on new technologies for growth, cost reduction, sustainability & commercialization of innovation for technologies beyond retail in marketing equipment (Vending, Coolers, and Fountain) and Alternate Hydration channels. The group works on global projects that are strategic priority for the beverage, snacks & nutrition business.
The Equipment Development Sr. Engineer will support development and commercialization of new technologies for new and existing equipment platforms on vending, coolers and fountain. This position will support the Global Fountain Manager by developing conceptual design, translate business requirement to specifications, test and inspection plans, executing test plans and documentation to drive the quality of the electromechanical, fluidics or refrigeration systems throughout the lifecycle of equipment. Job Accountabilities:
- Develop or revise new specification for new and existing platforms, with focus on total system performance & quality and key sub-systems
- Work closely with R&D, Procurement, Operations, Equipment Service and Marketing to ensure proper testing and effective commercialization of new equipment technology
- Establish evaluation plan, conduct testing, interpret test data and communicate results with recommendations
- Manage & execute testing and communicate with the internal and external laboratories
- Manage EC (Engineering Change) process with suppliers and cross functional team
- Interpret test results and recommend proper action of approval or further requirements
- Diagnose root cause failure during development testing and recommend corrective actions
- Trouble shoot equipment off site and in the field during development testing and field test
- Drive continuous improvement in processes
- BS in Mechanical, Electrical, Chemical Engineering or Electro-mechanical equivalent. ME Preferred
- At a minimum, 4-6 years' experience in electromechanical systems, water treatment, appliances, beverage equipment or commercial refrigeration.
- Experience in quality & test engineering in a PLM environment.
- Experience in Water Quality, Chemistry and Treatment a PLUS.
- Preferably knowledge of standards and regulation such as: UL, E-star, CEC, NSF, ASHRAE
- Strong understanding of engineering systems (fluidics, refrigeration, electro-mechanical)
- Ability to work with cross functional team including people located overseas
- Capable of statistical analysis of data/results. Ability to draw conclusions from the data and recommend a course of action.
- Ability to travel 25% of the time
Not Eligible for Relocation