The Equipment Technician is responsible for receipt, inspection, cleaning, servicing, reassembling and testing of various SCBA (Self Contained Breathing Apparatus) and other respiratory equipment and breathing air equipment in accordance with approved testing and service procedures.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Performs receipt, inspection, cleaning, servicing, reassembling and testing of various SCBA (Self Contained Breathing Apparatus) and other respiratory equipment and breathing air equipment in accordance with approved testing and service procedures.
• Performs routine inspection and maintenance of breathing air regulators and reducers and high and low pressure breathing air manifolds.
• Completes all documentation and data entry associated with inspection and repair in a timely and accurate manner and obtains signature from customer so that proper invoicing and documentation can be provided to customer as required. This includes all inspection and repair documents, job cost billable expenses and time sheets.
• Learns to conduct detailed visual inspections and system functional tests of various systems and equipment for the purpose of reporting any deficiencies and corrective action recommendations to customer. Learns to assess the repair needed and to quote the customer price and delivery for repair or replacement.
• Assists others in facility including stocking shelves with clean, tested and ready to use equipment and pulling, staging and loading customer orders onto trucks for delivery. Maintains work area and other areas in a clean and orderly condition. Performs additional duties after training.
• Will regularly help with customers, making customer satisfaction a primary concern.
• May be required to make deliveries using company vehicle (non-CDL)
SKILLS & ABILITIES:
• Ability to perform quality assurance check on equipment prior to delivery to customer and to assess damage on equipment before return from customer.
• Ability to diagnose basic problems, troubleshoot equipment and take corrective action within established guidelines.
• Must be able to work on a team
• Must be able to demonstrate good customer service
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
Minimum: High school diploma or GED and previous experience or completion of OJT training in Respiratory and Air
Preferred: Forklift experience preferred. Must pass internal forklift training and certification as required.
Proficiency in the care and use of all site specific, facility and customer required Personal Protection Equipment (PPE). Trained in Respiratory Protection and fully certified to wear respiratory breathing equipment (Fit Tested).
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
• Valid driver's license with good driving record
• Scott SCBA Technician
• MSA SCBA Technician
• DRAGER SCBA Technician
• Must be able to pass other manufacture training. Ie. Air Systems, Thermodyne
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; and stoop, kneel, or crouch. Uses hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus.
Shop and yard environment. May be frequently exposed to wet, humid, outside weather conditions and vibration. Works in customer environments. High pressure, chemicals, shop traffic. The noise level in work environment is usually moderate
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status or disability
See Job Description
A little about us:
Airgas is a company of hardworking men and women dedicated to helping our customers succeed.