*TWO SHIFTS AVAILABLE*
1. Perform entry level machining and/or assembly tasks in an efficient and timely manner to setup and operate at least one production machine. May perform many manual or assembly production tasks and other duties needed to deliver quality products to customers on time.
2. Set up and operate 3 or more production machines, and also operate special production machines.
3. Utilizes good skills and intermediate level Knowledge of Production technology and methodology to perform machining and manual tasks Perform embossing, inserting, metering and other type machining as well as sorting, envelope stuffing, assembly and miscellaneous hand work.
4. May be assigned to train, assist and help other people with work.
5. Perform minor maintenance and work with others to provide assistance with major maintenance projects when assigned.
6. Comply with general work rules -- responsible for quality of own work, housekeeping of own work area, and to work safely.
7. May utilize and/or operate material moving equipment, carts, etc. and use many production tools including hand tools and precision devices.
8. As necessary, supervisor may assign to assist and help others with work.
9. Work from verbal or written instructions, work specifications, routing sheets, etc.; uses basic math ---- all in English.
10. Ability to work on the following systems: Pitney Bowes, Bell & Howell, Laser Max, MBO, and Data Card.
11. When assigned perform duties and tasks outside department and job to the best of individual skill and ability.
12. Work overtime, weekends, and holidays as work schedules require. In peak periods additional overtime is required.
Work requires incumbent to be mobile and in a standing / walking position with ability to lift up to 50 lbs. regularly. Uses hands to handle, finger, or feel objects and to perform keyboarding. Also uses hands and arms to reach and grab objects. Sometimes it is necessary to crouch or kneel. Successful performance requires good vision abilities including close vision.
Education and Experience:
2 year degree in electronics or mechanical engineering
Experience should include 2 years as a Production specialist and 1 additional year of appropriate production experience or equivalent combination of education and experience
Must be able to work from verbal or written instructions, work specifications, work routing sheets, use basic math – all in English.
Not ready to apply? Join our Talent Network.