About the Position
Guggenheim Securities is seeking a motivated Equity Research Associate to join its Food, Drug, Consumables & Hardlines Retail team. Reporting to the Product Manager, this person will assist the team with creating research product and investment ideas for the firm's investor clients. The position is located in New York City.
Specific Responsibilities Include
- Build and maintain detailed financial models
- Perform & write comprehensive company-specific, macro, and industry research
- Interact and develop relationships with the Firm's institutional sales force and investor clients
- Respond to inquiries regarding research findings and directives
- Update analyst marketing handout regularly
Skills & Experience Required
- Bachelor's degree; preferably with an emphasis on Accounting/Finance/Economics
- 2-4 years of audit & assurance experience at a public accounting firm
- Proven accounting skills a must, CPA preferred
- Working or desire to work toward CFA preferred
- Fluency in modeling financial statements
- Strong analytical and financial skills; ability to take initiative and critically analyze processes and procedures in a push toward constant improvement
- Organized, detail-oriented and extremely thorough while having the confidence and communication skills to ensure work processes are completed accurately and appropriately
- Analytically minded, curious and self-motivated
- Proactive & solutions-oriented; innovative
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
About Guggenheim Securities
Guggenheim Securities is the investment banking and capital markets business of Guggenheim Partners. Guggenheim Securities offers a full range of services that fall into four broad categories: Advisory, Sales and Trading, Financing, and Research. Guggenheim Securities is headquartered in New York, with additional offices in Atlanta, Boston, Chicago, Los Angeles, and San Francisco.
About Guggenheim Partners
Guggenheim Partners is a global investment and advisory firm with more than $250 billion1 in assets under management. Across our three primary businesses of investment management, investment banking, and insurance services, we have a track record of delivering results through innovative solutions. With 2,500 professionals based in over 25 offices in seven countries, our commitment is to advance the strategic interests of our clients and to deliver long-term results with excellence and integrity. We invite you to learn more about our expertise and values by visiting GuggenheimPartners.com
and following us on Twitter at twitter.com/guggenheimptnrs
1 Assets under management are as of September 30, 2016 and include consulting services for clients whose assets are valued at approximately $60 billion .
To succeed in the Guggenheim culture, candidates must be self-starters and strive for results. We are looking for people, who operate as business owners, adhere to the highest standards and think creatively to realize opportunities, wherever they may be.
Guggenheim Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diversified and inclusive workforce.
Guggenheim Partners is a global investment and advisory firm with a track record of delivering results through innovative solutions.