About the Position
Guggenheim is seeking an exceptional candidate to join as a sell-side Equity Research Associate covering the Specialty Pharmaceuticals sector. This person will be responsible for following the progress of public/private Pharmaceutical, Specialty Pharmaceutical and Biotechnology companies and making stock recommendations to institutional investor clients. In addition to financial modeling skills, the ideal candidate will have experience in the Healthcare industry and demonstrate an ability to analyze clinical trials and scientific data, including scientific literature. The successful candidate will have experience with conducting surveys, attending industry conferences, writing reports, making oral presentations, and be comfortable interviewing physician experts and company management teams.
The Equity Research Associate role is ideal for someone with a passion and background in both science and investing who wants to become better skilled at applying their knowledge towards generating good investment ideas. The position is located in New York.
Specific Responsibilities Include
- Analyze individual Pharmaceutical, Specialty Pharmaceutical and Biotechnology companies and market trends. Conduct primary research through industry sources including, but not limited to, financial analysis, due diligence on industry trends, company management and strategies
- Prepare regular written research reports that summarize the findings of their analyst including estimates of expected current year business results
- Write comprehensive research reports and present findings; draft reports/notes on relevant investment themes, events and breaking news
- Provide support to the Senior Analyst through fundamental analysis and investment recommendation in equity markets with an emphasis on original, bottom-up research in the Healthcare sector
- Contribute to building valuation models
- Organize physician calls for investors and investor events
- Write reports in response to daily news flow. Keep analyst up-to-date on important news and keep financial models and files updated
- Update analyst marketing handout, regularly
- Interview physicians and company executives
- Interact with Firm's institutional sales force and investor clients
- Respond to client and internal inquiries regarding research findings and directives
Skills & Experience Required
- BA/BS Degree
- Minimum 1 year working experience in Healthcare (Pharmaceutical, Specialty Pharmaceutical, Biotechnology or Life Sciences preferred)
- Equity Research experience preferred
- Understanding of the capital markets, stock markets, and a passion for investing
- Proficient writing skills, including the ability to succinctly and clearly explain complex information
- Prior experience conducing deep primary research, analysis and expertise to draw conclusions from data
- Exceptional understanding of the three primary financial statements, how they relate to each other, and how to build models within excel for forecasting
- Strong interpersonal relationship skills are critical. Must have excellent communication skills and a personal style conducive to building relationships
- Ability to thrive in a fast- paced, deadline-driven environment with a proven commitment to turning in consistently high quality work as a self- starter
- Strong teamwork orientation, unquestionable honesty and integrity, intellectual curiosity and dedication to providing the best products to clients
- Ability to deliver under pressure and meet deadlines effectively
- Candidate should have required FINRA licenses including: FINRA Series 7, 63, 86 & 87
- CFA designation or progress toward certification is a bonus but not required.
About Guggenheim Securities
Guggenheim Securities is the investment banking and capital markets business of Guggenheim Partners. Guggenheim Securities offers a full range of services that fall into four broad categories: Advisory, Sales and Trading, Financing, and Research. Guggenheim Securities is headquartered in New York, with additional offices in Atlanta, Boston, Chicago, Los Angeles, and San Francisco.
About Guggenheim Partners
Guggenheim Partners is a global investment and advisory firm with more than $250 billion1 in assets under management. Across our three primary businesses of investment management, investment banking, and insurance services, we have a track record of delivering results through innovative solutions. With 2,500 professionals based in over 25 offices in seven countries, our commitment is to advance the strategic interests of our clients and to deliver long-term results with excellence and integrity. We invite you to learn more about our expertise and values by visiting GuggenheimPartners.com
and following us on Twitter at twitter.com/guggenheimptnrs
1 Assets under management are as of September 30, 2016 and include consulting services for clients whose assets are valued at approximately $60 billion .
To succeed in the Guggenheim culture, candidates must be self-starters and strive for results. We are looking for people, who operate as business owners, adhere to the highest standards and think creatively to realize opportunities, wherever they may be.
Guggenheim Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diversified and inclusive workforce.
Guggenheim Partners is a global investment and advisory firm with a track record of delivering results through innovative solutions.