About the position:
Guggenheim is seeking an exceptional candidate to join its Enterprise Risk Management ("ERM") team as an ERM/Investment Reporting Analyst. Reporting to the Chief Risk Officer, this person will work to produce ERM and investment reporting for various parties including Actuarial and Senior Management, Board of Directors, Asset/Liability Committee, and Rating Agency surveys. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in investment reporting and/or analytics with a familiarity of a wide range of fixed income asset classes, including corporate bonds, commercial mortgage loans, bank loans, mortgage-backed securities, asset-backed securities, and structured finance. Familiarity with the insurance industry, including accounting, reporting, and capital requirements, and other insurance and actuarial concepts would be an advantage. In addition to knowledge of enterprise risk management, investment reporting and analytics, the ideal candidate will demonstrate an ability to, work with large sets of data, anticipate questions and identify solutions to data anomalies, manage multiple priorities efficiently despite resource and time constraints, and work independently as well as in a team environment.
The position is located in Indianapolis Indiana.Specific responsibilities include:
Skills & experience required:
- Prepares monthly investment reporting for Management and quarterly reporting for the Asset/Liability Committee and Board of Directors, ensuring accuracy of data gathered from multiple sources
- Assists in the development and completion of ERM risk reporting and analysis (e.g. dashboards).
- Develops an automated process for completing the investment sections of rating agency surveys and completes the surveys annually.
- Reviews and provides quality control over Power Point presentations including those used for Board of Directors meetings, monthly management packets, and rating agency presentations.
- Analytically reviews changes in the investment portfolio to ensure accurate and useful reporting.
- Investigates the data to identify issues with the underlying data accuracy.
- Works closely with the Data Management team to ensure accurate data, create automated investment reports in the Data Warehouse, and develop reconciliations to ensure reliability of results.
- Evaluates the efficiency and effectiveness of current processes and controls to make recommendations for continuous process improvements and supports implementation.
- Assists in the development and documentation of policies and procedures for work performed.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, mathematics, statistics, economics, actuarial science or related field; successful completion of Actuarial exams a plus
- 5-10 years' experience in financial services and investment reporting and/or analytics, with strong background in investment reporting and/or analytics
- Prior experience with a diverse portfolio and understanding of asset classes, including corporate bonds, commercial mortgage loans, bank loans, mortgage-backed securities, asset-backed securities, and structured finance.
- Familiarity with the insurance industry including accounting, reporting, capital, and other concepts would be an advantage.
- Success with partnering with finance, accounting and technical departments to achieve results.
- Manage multiple tasks and/or projects efficiently despite resource and time constraints.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills, VBA a plus; knowledge of other Microsoft applications (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook) necessary.
- Proficiency with various reporting tools and experience using Business Objects.
In addition, the ideal candidate will be or have:
About guggenheim LIfe and Annuity Company
- Driven and self-motivated
- Results oriented
- Able to communicate results effectively
- Inquisitive and innovative
- Forward-looking, including the ability to anticipate management questions and develop responses in advance
Guggenheim Life and Annuity Company, a subsidiary of Guggenheim Partners, provides financial services to institutional and retail customers through fixed annuity products distributed through networks of independent marketing organizations and agents nationwide.
To succeed in the Guggenheim culture, candidates must be self-starters and strive for results. We are looking for people who operate as business owners, adhere to the highest standards and think creatively to realize opportunities, wherever they may be.
To succeed in the Guggenheim culture, candidates must be self-starters and strive for results. We are looking for people, who operate as business owners, adhere to the highest standards and think creatively to realize opportunities, wherever they may be.
Guggenheim Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diversified and inclusive workforce.