McKesson is in the business of better health and we touch the lives of patients in virtually every aspect of healthcare. McKesson Enterprise Information Solutions provides hospitals and health systems with comprehensive electronic health record solutions, expert consulting and world-class infrastructure and hosting services to enable them to succeed under health reform and beyond. Our portfolio includes our highly rated Paragon®hospital information system, plus proven solutions for revenue cycle management, supply chain management, document management, intelligent coding, laboratory, surgeryand managed servicesto help maximize the total value of information technology.
Every single McKesson employee contributes to our mission—by joining McKesson Enterprise Information Solutionsyou act as a catalyst in a chain of events that helps millions of people all over the globe. Talented, compassionate people are the future of our company—and of healthcare. You’ll collaborate on the products and solutions that help us carry out our mission to improve lives and advance healthcare. Working here is your opportunity to shape an industry that’s vital to us all.
We understand the importance of a system that works together. Your expertise, drive and passion can help us improve everything we touch, from providers to payors to pharmacies.
Join our team of leaders to begin a rewarding career.
We have an opening for a Solution Consultant to support our ERP/Strategic Supply Sourcing sales team with customer meetings and demonstrations of our Strategic Supply Sourcing solutions. Primary focus will be on demonstrating focused cost savings via our supply chain solution to executives/C-suite at Integrated Delivery Networks, Group Purchasing Organizations and Hospitals. Specific modules of our Strategic Supply Sourcing Solution include: Advanced Contracting, Portfolio Management and Value Analysis.
Location: Remote Based, telecommuter position with up to 60% overnight travel required.
• Meets and builds relationships with senior executives (CEO, CFO, CIO, etc.) by presenting and discussing industry trends, best in class strategies, and gaining buy in for McKesson industry initiatives and consulting services.
• Act as subject matter expert for Supply Chain Management Solutions, including but not limited to workflow and operational questions as they arise during the sales process.
• Participate in and staff product areas for tradeshows and product fairs
• Provide presentations to sales, customers and prospects on ERP/strategic supply sourcing solutions.
• Collect, prioritize and deliver to product management, customer enhancement and issues lists from data collected during presale and sales activities.
• Assist in reference site development.
• Assist in the development of demo databases and templates for sales presentations.
• Assist in analyzing records of present and past sales and trends.
• Interprets accounts, trends, and records to management.
7-10 years of hospital management experience in area of expertise. 5-7 yrs in specific types of software applications may be required.
• Minimum of 10 years’ experience with healthcare procurement or healthcare industry analysis.
• Knowledge of the healthcare industry's leading ERP & Materials Management practices and key metrics.
• Understanding of healthcare operations.
• Comprehension of basic financial accounting activities.
• Strong analytical ability to identify processes and determine how to create process improvement opportunities.
• Knowledge of common industry information systems and applications.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Experience with a Materials Management Information System (e.g., McKesson's Pathways Materials Management, Meditech, Lawson).
• Proven experience in developing and executing systems integration.
• Strong organization skills; ability to multi-task.
• Ability to interface with provider, supplier, distributors and group purchasing organizations.
Additional Knowledge & Skills
Professional degree in area of expertise. Advanced degreee may be preferred in some assignments.
Up to 60% overnight travel required
Benefits & Company Statement
McKesson believes superior performance – individual and team – that helps us drive innovations and solutions to promote better health should be recognized and rewarded. We provide a competitive compensation program to attract, retain and motivate a high-performance workforce, and it’s flexible enough to meet the different needs of our diverse employee population.
We are in the business of better health and we touch the lives of patients in virtually every aspect of healthcare. We partner with payers, hospitals, physician offices, pharmacies, pharmaceutical companies and others across the spectrum of care to build healthier organizations that deliver better care to patients in every setting.
But we can’t do it without you. Every single McKesson employee contributes to our mission—whatever your title, whatever your role, you act as a catalyst in a chain of events that helps millions of people all over the globe. Talented, compassionate people are the future of our company—and of healthcare. At McKesson, you’ll collaborate on the products and solutions that help us carry out our mission to improve lives and advance healthcare. Working here is your opportunity to shape an industry that’s vital to us all.
McKesson is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer – minorities/females/veterans/persons with disabilities.
Qualified applicants will not be disqualified from consideration for employment based upon criminal history.
No agencies please.