Digital Information Technology & Digital Thread
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Posted Position Title
ERP Technology and Initiatives Lead
Location(s) Where Opening Is Available United States
U.S. State, China or Canada Provinces
Schenectady, Van Buren Township
Leads technology strategy, initiatives and operational excellence for PeopleSoft, Oracle Fusion and other ERP platforms. Owns application performance and leads infrastructure projects and initiatives with broad scope and high impact to production and non-production operations. Provides technical subject matter expertise, and operations support
* Set technology strategy and roadmap for multiple ERP platforms including PeopleSoft, Oracle Fusion, etc to meet and surpass business objectives and customer expectations. Constantly re-evaluate for changes in technology landscape to adopt and adjust and business needs.
* Use creativity, excellent project management, collaboration and execution skills to evaluate, implement technology solutions and process improvements.
* Monitor application performance at all layers of the technology stack. Implement proactive processes and changes to surpass customer expectations on application performance. Engage with application support teams to debug incidents and performance issues in application environments.
* Conduct technology forums, workshops and other channels to constantly improve technology awareness and adoption among various application and support teams.
* Develop and maintain tools and technologies for maintaining stable infrastructure supporting all application environments operations.
* Develop and implement comprehensive project plans to ensure error-free project implementations and stable operations.
* Develop metrics for measuring performance and operational excellence.
* Collaborate with operational teams to solve technical issues and follow up with long term control plans.
* Ensure conformance of established architecture, standards and practices.
* Work as a partner in the analysis, requirement development, design, documentation, implementation, and maintenance of large/complex application and hardware upgrades.
* Support, advise, assist, guide, and resolve problems for business clients.
* Initiate direct communication with wide range of customer, client, supplier, and systems personnel.
* Prepare, present and review technology topics, project plans, cost/benefit studies, funding and resource recommendations to various IT and non-IT stakeholders.
* Keep up to date with emerging technologies and promote their use.
* Bachelor's degree in Information Systems, Information Technology, Computer Science or Engineering (or a minimum 4 years of relevant experience).
* Minimum 6 years of hands-on experience supporting multiple areas of tech-stack and operations supporting large and complex ERPs/applications.
* Proven results in devising technology roadmaps, implementing highly available, robust, reliable architectures, troubleshooting technology issues.
* Deep expertise in Oracle DB, PeopleSoft and Oracle middleware.
* Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
* Deep love of technology and how to apply it to maximize customer success.
* Deep technical understanding and HANDS-ON expertise in installing, configuring, tuning, troubleshooting, upgrading all aspects of Oracle Database, PeopleSoft ERP, Oracle Fusion, etc.
* Broad expertise in multiple technology areas, and in supporting large ERPs and applications.
* Proven ability to be creative and innovate to deliver better technology solutions, improve processes using tools and technology.
* Ability to be flexible and work collaboratively, analytically in a problem-solving environment.
* Strong program management skills including project initiation, scoping, resourcing, scheduling, risk management and communication.
* Able to coordinate efforts in line with the 'bigger picture' to maximize the overall value of project and process initiatives.
* Strong oral and written communication skills.
* Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
* Strong track record of understanding and interest in current and emerging technologies demonstrated through training, job experience and/or industry activities.
* Strong team player - collaborates well with others to solve problems and actively incorporates input from various sources.
* Demonstrated customer focus - evaluates decisions through the eyes of the customer, builds strong customer relationships and creates processes with customer viewpoint.
* Strong analytical skills - strong problem solving skills, communicates in a clear and succinct manner and effectively evaluates information/data to make decisions.
* Anticipates obstacles and develops plans to resolve.
* Change oriented - actively generates process improvements, supports and drives change, and confronts difficult circumstances in creative ways.
A little about us:
GE imagination at work.