Do you have a passion for healthcare and helping others? Do you enjoy working in a fast-paced, patient-centered environment? Jump-start your career with Parallon and apply today.
We serve and enable those who care for and improve human life in their communities.
Parallon, a division of HCA, is an industry-leading provider of patient financial and revenue cycle services to acute care providers across the United States. We are dedicated to our values and passionate about finding leaders for our fast-growing divisions in the Dallas/Fort Worth area. Although we are the largest healthcare provider in the world and experts and leaders in revenue cycle services, we maintain a people-first culture and sense of community.
The Billing Dispute Specialist is responsible for assisting Senior Counsel, Collections Director and Executive Management and works at the direction of Senior Counsel to develop work plans and organize and manage the legal activities of the Parallon Shared Services Center. Duties include, but are not limited to:
Qualifications: Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Consults with Senior Counsel to coordinate and implement policies and procedures, special projects, and to track results
- Reviews contracts and writes demand letters under direction of Senior Counsel
- Works assigned pools and updates notes in various computer systems
- Monitors high dollar unpaid, underpaid and denied accounts for proper escalation for legal review
- Contacts insurance companies (in writing, on the phone and/or electronically) to escalate and resolve claim payments for unpaid, underpaid and denied accounts that are escalated by other departments
- Provides legal support for all procedures within the SSC.
- Communication - communicates clearly and concisely, verbally and in writing. This includes utilizing proper punctuation, correct spelling and the ability to transcribe accurately
- Customer/Payer Orientation - establishes and maintains long-term customer/payer relationships, building trust and respect by consistently meeting and exceeding expectations
- Interpersonal Skills - able to work effectively with other employees, patients and external parties
- PC Skills - demonstrates proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, including Excel, and other programs and applications as required
- Policies & Procedures - demonstrates knowledge and understanding of organizational policies, procedures and systems
- Technical Skills - professional presentation skills needed to represent facilities in legal issues
- Basic Skills - able to perform basic mathematical calculations, balance and reconcile figures, punctuate properly, spell correctly and transcribe accurately and excel proficiency.
- Bachelor's Degree preferred. Equivalent work experience may substitute for education requirements
- Minimum 2 years of experience with healthcare collections accounts receivable appeals and underpayments in insurance company or preferably, acute care hospital system.
- Systems we use; Artiva, OnBase, Concuity and Legal Review Tool.
At Parallon, every employee is a valued member of our organization. You can expect to receive competitive salary, ongoing professional development, comprehensive benefits package, performance bonuses and more!
Check us out or follow us on LinkedIn at https://www.linkedin.com/company/parallon-business-solutions