This is a Developer Support position supporting Microsoft’s developer customers. This position involves frequent coding and debugging/troubleshooting. It encompasses a range of on-prem and cloud technologies from Azure IoT to Artificial Intelligence/Cognitive Services supporting multiple platforms (Windows, Linux, Android etc) and multiple languages (C, C#, Java, Python etc). Developer Support Escalation Engineers are passionate about technology and helping others. They must be highly observant and skilled in detection in order to identify and resolve issues. This requires empathy, outstanding logic skills, excellent communication skills, the ability to think differently and a genuine desire to help people do their best.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Work with a broad range of customers from small development shops and independent software vendors (ISVs) to Fortune 500 companies.
• Provide accurate information, and help resolve the most technically challenging, critical and highest impact problems for developers regarding their Microsoft systems software.
• Analyze the most difficult programming problems and develop highly specific solutions to meet developer needs.
• Communicate with developer customers through a number of channels including telephone, email, public and private forums, and the Internet.
• Participate in “triage” meetings to share knowledge with other engineers and develop efficient customer solutions.
• Identify and report both software bugs and customer suggestions.
• Act as a liaison to internal development organizations, representing the voice of the customer and advocating for product improvements to alleviate customer pain.
• Help teams across developer organizations monitor new incoming cases and meet SLA for critical cases and ensure transitions to appropriate teams
• Thorough troubleshooting, debugging, and problem-solving skills
• Excellent C/C++, C# or Java coding skills
• Excellent communication skills with both written and spoken English
• Ability to work well in a highly collaborative team environment
• Effective learning skills
• Customer service skills
• Knowledge and experience with programming in Win32
• Windows Driver Development
• Networking & Cloud knowledge
• Familiarity and experience with managed debugging
• Previous support experience
Education / Experience:
• BS or MS Degree in computer science, or the equivalent in work experience.
• 5+ years of experience in software development using C, C# and/or Java (script) is preferred.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
A little about us:
Microsoft offers training and employment opportunities to help you turn your military experience and skills into a civilian technology career.