Are you interested in the cloud business and interested in a start-up like environment, passionate about cloud computing technology? The Microsoft Azure Platform is strategic to Microsoft enabling customers, ISVs, and Microsoft IT to develop, test, and deploy solutions in the cloud to take advantage of economies of scale, reliability, globally distributed data centers, and generally reduce the effort of managing dedicated IT infrastructure. Azure is a growing leader in the cloud market with Azure Support enabling customer success and providing a key differentiator when customers make buying decisions.
Azure Support is looking for a customer focused Service Engineer passionate about site up, availability, and supportability of the Azure platform. This role will be accountable for diagnosing and troubleshooting mission critical customer applications built on the Windows Azure platform. The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate breadth while managing complex, highly available services with a deep understanding of the underlying components, concepts (Azure Platform, Azure SDK, Azure management and billing portals, subscription management, migration), and work directly with customers, Customer Support, LiveSite Teams, and Engineering and supportability.
- Ability to analyze, troubleshoot, and remediate Azure subscription management escalations spanning software, hardware, network and datacenter stacks and bring quicker resolutions.
- Identify and implement learnings from service investigations to improve Azure platform architecture, drive continuous improvement in the Azure platform by incorporating feedback from internal/external customers
- Develop tools, scripts to automate troubleshooting activities
- Provide customer escalation analysis and leveraging data to drive further improvements in the platform, tooling improvements
- Identify and drive requirements for increased customer self-supportability
- Identify and drive implementation of customer centric mitigation levers and playbooks for Operations
- Respond to and resolve critical customer issues and attend urgent ad-hoc requests
• At least 3 years of Technical Support experience (in a Tier 2) including experience in a customer facing or customer technical support role
Required Soft Skills:
• Leadership - handle technically challenging and politically hot customer situations, including the appropriate use of all available resources, communicate effectively with Support teams and development on complex technical issues
• Strong communications skills - Excellent spoken and written English communication skills
• Effective, polished interaction with customer to gather information
• Demonstrable troubleshooting skills
• Cross-team collaboration
• Logical and Critical thinking
• Passion for technology and customer support
• Understanding of cloud vs. on premise computing.
Required Technical Skills:
• Knowledge of one or two of the following domains:
o Cloud Computing, Microsoft Azure Platform, Azure Commerce, Server Operating System (Windows/Linux)/Virtualization/Networking.
o Microsoft Azure Platform/ Azure Commerce/ Networking, etc
• Microsoft Azure architecture and its components (Fabric, Compute, Storage)
• Knowledge of Windows Azure Platform services
• Knowledge of Commerce Platform, Subscription management and Billing Systems
• Ecommerce Online services
• Offer Management Systems and Risk detection systems
• Familiarity with development: tools, language, process, methods, troubleshooting Server Operating System/Virtualization
• Familiarity with Windows Server or Linux OS (System Admin and OS internal concepts), Active Directory, Security
• Understanding of Virtualization concepts and virtual system administration
• Familiarity with networking concepts including VIPs, NAT, DNS
• Familiarity with networking tools (ping, tracert, tracemon, wire shark, etc.)
• Understanding of load balancing, geo-redundancy, CDN and VPN technologies preferred
• Understanding of the OSI model and related concepts
• Understanding of SQL Tracing, SSIS, SSRS and SSAS
• Familiarity with ADO.NET preferred
• Experience with C# and .NET, PowerShell, Microsoft Azure
• Service engineering and/or DevOps experience at internet scale involving user data and/or software development for an enterprise level product
• B.S. degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to email@example.com.
A little about us:
Microsoft offers training and employment opportunities to help you turn your military experience and skills into a civilian technology career.