As cloud goes main stream, Azure leads the way. Azure’s continued success depends on providing customers a world class support experience. Love services, support in the cloud? Customer obsessed? Data Driven? Collaborator? Communicator? Troubleshooter? Debugger? Then come & join Azure IaaS VM team to Lead, Serve, and Make the Difference.
The successful candidate should demonstrate great accountability, customer obsession and technical leadership. Beyond troubleshooting complex technical problems and managing critical situations, the candidate should be passionate of driving bigger impacts – being increasing customer values, improving diagnostic tools and/or driving product feedback.
Roles and Responsibilities
• Work with a broad range of customers from small development shops and independent software vendors (ISVs) to Fortune 500 companies.
• Provide accurate information, and help resolve the most technically challenging, critical and highest impact problems for IaaS VM regarding their Microsoft systems software.
• Handling collaboration request from members when Windows Debugging is required, to detect issues related to Guest OS VM that impact the Azure Platform.
• Communicate with Azure IaaS customers through a number of channels including telephone, email, public and private forums, and the Internet.
• Participate in “triage” meetings to share knowledge with other engineers and develop efficient customer solutions.
• Identify and report both software bugs and customer suggestions.
• Act as a liaison to internal Azure IaaS organizations, representing the voice of the customer and advocating for product improvements to alleviate customer pain.
• Help teams across Azure IaaS VM organizations monitor new incoming cases and meet SLA for critical cases and ensure transitions to appropriate teams
Qualifications and Experience:
• Minimum 5 years of Customer Technical Customer Support, IT, or product support experience
Technical experience and knowledge working in Azure technical support or equivalent technology.
We love to get to know candidates with strong technical background, and thorough troubleshooting, debugging, and problem-solving skills nevertheless, do not shy away if you do not meet all the technical requirements. If you have growth mindset, you are a strong believer that knowledge can be developed with effort and persistence.
Technical skills in at least one area:
• Windows System Administration/Virtualization, Networking, Linux OSS Administration/ Networking
• Windows scripting or PowerShell
• Windows System Administration/Virtualization
• Familiar with C/C++, C# or Java coding skills
• Familiarity with Active Directory, Security, OS Internals concepts
• Understanding of Virtualization concepts and virtual system administration
• Experience with Hyper-V configuration and administration
• Understanding of the OSI model and related concepts
• Linux OSS (Preferred but not required)
• Familiarity with core OS services such as: SSH, telnet, FTP, NFS, DNS, DHCP, Samba, LDAP
Your shift can vary according to business needs. Examples: Monday to Friday, any working hours from 6am to 7pm, or weekend coverage depending upon business needs.
Please note that shifts might change according to business needs. Though schedule changes are not frequent, you will need to have flexibility to accommodate changes as needed.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
A little about us:
Microsoft offers training and employment opportunities to help you turn your military experience and skills into a civilian technology career.