Monsanto is seeking a highly motivated individual to become an integral member of the team in Maui, Hawaii. This team is dedicated to feeding the world through better agriculture and it starts with our own people and our own farm. The team is focused on farming and process activities that are cutting edge while focusing on improving the environment on our island and the working conditions of our employees. The successful candidate will provide support in developing and implementing ESH programs for the Maui location to help drive our vision. Candidate will be responsible for required safety programs at the site through auditing, coaching, training and inspiring of site employees to ensure the site safety culture truly employee-owned and second to none. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- The development and implementation of the site specific Environmental, Safety and Health Programs
- Working with site management and ESH Coordinator to achieve desired ESH site goals
- Helping guide the development of Job Safety Analysis for all work related activities
- Coordination of routine safety meetings and trainings
- Preparation and retention of ESH program documentation
- Maintain site ESH records, training logs and tracking systems
- Perform other ESH duties as required
- Education: Associates Degree
- Valid driver's license
- Demonstrate a broad understanding of ESH and OSHA regulations.
- Proficient computer skills - Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
- Demonstrated decision-making, problem solving and team building skills
- Strong organization and communication skills.
- Result and detail oriented
- Ability to work with site management, ESH Coordinator and site employees in such a manner as to build high morale and group commitment to goals and objectives.
- Maintain a high level of confidentiality with sensitive information
- Willingness to work overtime if needed
- Ability to travel to other islands for ESH training seminars
- Bachelor's Degree in a Safety related field
- Prior experience working in an agriculture environment
- 2 or more years of ESH work related experience
- Project management skills
- OM/IM experience
- OSHA or ASP certified
A little about us:
At Monsanto, we believe that diverse perspectives solve big challenges and deliver a broad range of solutions to help nourish our growing world.