Monsanto is seeking a highly motivated individual to become an integral member of the team in Illiopolis, IL. The successful candidate will provide support in developing and implementing ESH programs for the Illiopolis location. Candidate will be responsible for managing required safety programs at the site through auditing, coaching, and training of site employees.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- The development and implementation of the site specific Environmental, Safety and Health Programs.
- Working with site management and ESH Coordinator to achieve desired ESH site goals
- Helping guide the development of Job Safety Analysis and Lock Out/Tag Out for all work-related activities
- Coordination of routine safety meetings and trainings
- Preparation and retention of ESH program documentation
- Maintain site ESH records, training logs and tracking systems
- Perform other ESH duties as required
- Education: High School Diploma or equivalent
- Valid driver's license
- Demonstrate a broad understanding of ESH and OSHA regulations.
- Proficient computer skills - Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
- Demonstrated decision-making, problem solving and team building skills
- Strong organization and communication skills.
- Result and detail oriented
- Ability to work with site management, ESH Engineer and site employees in such a manner as to build high morale and group commitment to goals and objectives.
- Maintain a high level of confidentiality with sensitive information
- Willingness to work overtime if needed
- Ability to travel to other locations for ESH training seminars
- Bachelor's Degree in a Safety related field
- Prior experience working in an agriculture environment
- 2 or more years of ESH work related experience
- Project management skills
- OM/IM experience
- OSHA or ASP certified