Schneider Electric™ creates connected technologies that reshape industries, transform cities and enrich lives. Our 144,000 employees thrive in more than 100 countries. From the simplest of switches to complex operational systems, our technology, software and services improve the way our customers manage and automate their operations. Help us deliver solutions that ensure Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment: https://youtu.be/NlLJMv1Y7Hk .
Great people make Schneider Electric a great company.
Schneider Electric GIS division has an outstanding opportunity for a motivated person to work as a member of our Support Services Team. This individual will have the skills to solve internal and external technical issues ranging across customization bugs/enhancements, product configuration, database configuration, core (OOTB) software defects and education. This position is responsible for ongoing support and maintenance of custom software GIS applications used by electric, gas, water, and wastewater utility clients. The ideal candidate will have excellent object-oriented programming, problem-solving, and client relation skills.
- Provide technical assistance on supported application software for internal and external clients.
- Serve as one of the main contacts to a client base that is knowledgeable, technical, and often in operation-critical functions at utility companies
- Create and maintain the client relationship that is valuable to our organization
- Resolve errors or defects in custom client code.
- Use object-oriented programming, .NET development
- The ideal candidate will be able to develop applications independently or as part of a solutions team and have excellent problem solving skills.
- Solve internal and external technical issues ranging across database configuration, software defects, and education.
- Other responsibilities as assigned
- Possession of or working towards a Bachelor of Science degree in CIS or CS preferred, or related field with computer emphasis
- Experience developing end-user applications and interfaces with an object oriented programming language.
- Ability to work in a dynamic fast paced environment.
- Must possess strong analytical, problem solving, researching skills.
- Must have experience with Office applications including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- High level of professionalism in oral and written communication skills.
- Be an independent, self-motivated, team player and have a people-oriented personality.
- Must demonstrate the ability to interact with peers, management, and other departments in a professional manner.
- C# coding experience preferred.
- Experience with commercial RDBMS such as Oracle and SQL Server a plus.
- Experience in Windows-based software development tools, including Visual Studio a plus.
- Experience with GIS software preferred and experience with ArcFM Solution software would be a plus.
- Experience with Continuous Integration and/or Jenkins a plus.
- Experience with Windows Installer XML (WIX) a plus.
- Support Services experience a plus.
- Experience working with electric, gas, water and wastewater utility companies a plus.
We seek out and reward people for being straightforward, open, passionate, effective and challenging the status quo. We want our employees to reflect the diversity of the communities in which we operate. We welcome people as they are, creating an inclusive culture where all forms of diversity are seen as a real value for the company. We're looking for people with a passion for success - on the job and beyond. See what our people have to say about working for Schneider Electric: https://youtu.be/6D2Av1uUrzY .
Let us learn about you! Apply today.
You must submit an online application to be considered for any position with us. This position will be posted until filled.
It is the policy of Schneider Electric to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities in the areas of recruiting, hiring, training, transferring, and promoting all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, gender, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, military status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other legally protected characteristic or conduct.
Concerning agencies: Schneider Electric does not accept unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for fees related to such.
Schneider Electric is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled.
A little about us:
We’re the global specialist in energy management and automation. Our technologies ensure that Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment.