Blizzard Entertainment is seeking an experienced esports manager with outstanding management and communication skills to assist or manage in the development and execution of the Heroes Global Championship(HGC) for Heroes of the Storm.
The ideal candidate is a passionate and knowledgeable Heroes of the Storm player, and a motivated self-starter who is flexible and can adapt quickly to changing goals and objectives in the fast-paced esports industry. This person is highly organized, able to work independently while contributing to the goals of the team and managing the relationship with internal Blizzard Teams, external partners, tournament organizers, and communities. This person is a leader with a proven track record of contributing to the development of creative competitive tournament systems, proactively identifying key esports strategies, anticipating business needs, and implementing solutions across the organization. This person must have experience working with international teams, strong personnel management, motivational skills, and must be able to work within budget while still producing epic experiences for the players of our games. Responsibilities
- Develop, and / or execute esports strategies and manage the execution of esports competition, events, and communication.
- Work with our global teams and other internal teams to develop and execute innovative ideas to build a healthy esports ecosystem and player community globally. Build consensus and visibility in the planning and execution phases for key stakeholders across the organization and globally. Meet and exceed agreed upon key performance indicators for each program.
- Develop and distribute management level reports on the progress of the league.
- Work collaboratively with the regional teams and functional esports counterparts internationally to communicate updates and push for consensus.
- Oversee the execution of day to day operations and upkeep for HGC.
- Support Blizzard's participation in consumer, trade, and esports events.
- Oversee the management and support of Blizzard-run tournaments.
- Track and report project status to appropriate stakeholders in a timely and consistent manner.
- Other duties as assigned.
- A minimum of 3 years' experience in esports, organized play, sports organizations management, or equivalent
- A minimum of 2 years' experience in partner management
- Strong knowledge of Heroes of the Storm gameplay and the HGC
- Experience working with international teams and exposure to multicultural environments
- Professional experience working with the development and execution of competitive gaming, pro-gaming, ladders, leagues, and tournaments
- Strategic thinker with strong management and communication skills
- Prior event, and / or tournament planning, organization and budgeting experience
- Possess excellent interpersonal and diplomatic skills, while maintaining an ability to always stay focused on the work at hand
- Strong written and verbal business communication skills, with the ability to work with other members across the organization
- Able to organize thoughts and make decisions under time constraints and a full work load
- Able to interface effectively with both gamers and business people
- Experience working effectively in a team environment with global team members
- Passionate player of video games, particularly Blizzard games
- Able for occasional travel, including international travel
Required Application Materials
- Active participant or leader within the Blizzard esports communities
- Experience in sports or esports live video production and broadcasting
- Presentation, teaching, or other public speaking experience
- Experience as a community manager
- Experience in game development, and design
- Cover Letter which should include:
- Why you are interested in working at Blizzard
- What games you are currently playing
**Only submissions with Cover Letters will be considered.
A little about us:
Blizzard Entertainment is a premier developer/publisher of entertainment software, including World of Warcraft, StarCraft, Diablo, and Hearthstone.