Estate Analyst Jr.
Successful incumbents possess problems solving skills, customer focus, process management, organization, written communication, and priority setting.
* Assist in the administration of estate and estate trust accounts by marshaling assets and assisting the administrative offer with valuing all assets for Federal Estate Tax purposes.
* This position is assigned to a specific Administrative Officer who will provide substantial supervision and direction of duties.
* Responsible for 40-50 estates and valuing and/or collecting assets of these accounts.
* Manage the personal property and the decedent's residence when a rental (nursing homes, apartments, etc.)
* Prepare Estate Inventories and Schedules of Property listing all assets and their values.
* Review legal documents such as deeds to real estate, titles to automobiles, titling of accounts, beneficiary designations, contractual agreements, buy-sell agreements, etc. and calculate appropriate value for tax reporting and distribution purposes.
* Investigate and evaluate tax returns and documents provided by family members, attorneys, certified public accountants (CPAs) and other sources to determine all assets reportable for a decedent's estate.
* Independently respond to questions and address concerns from beneficiaries, accountants, attorneys, co-Trustees, internal support groups.
* Interact with various internal service departments and act as a liaison with outside professionals, maintaining responsibility for the account until all issues are resolved.
* Proficient with ComTRAC coding, account opening procedures with account closing procedures, bill paying, check requests/distributions, monitoring daily cash positions for overdrafts and exceptions, monitor and post fees.
Relocation assistance is not provided for this position.
Travel is not required of this position.
* High School Diploma or the equivalent
* 5 years of Administrative Assistant experience
* 3 years of experience creating correspondence, emails, presentations, and speaking with clients
* 2 years of experience handling and prioritizing a variety of detailed tasks at the same time in a deadline environment
* 2 years of Trust experience
* 1 year of experience reading and interpreting trust documents
* 1 year of experience with working knowledge of investments
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
A little about us:
At Comerica Bank, we’re looking for leaders to help guide a higher level of banking.