Responsible for frequently preparing estimates on a variety of work that is transactional/routine/repeat and occasionally may be unique requiring the comparison of multiple options to build an estimate. Receive specifications from Customer Service and Sales, clarify any missing information and use pricing tools to generate pricing scenarios that best fit the customer needs. Build pricing estimates. Review historical quotes on renewals and update pricing to current costs. Strong knowledge of the corrugate industry preferred.
- Receive job specification from customer service or Sales to ensure that the information needed to build an estimate has been provided. Contact Sales to gather missing/incomplete information required to price a job.
- Enter specifications in to pricing systems/software to build pricing scenarios. Make selections for manufacturing equipment groups and locations to best match the customers delivery requirements and offer the best price option.
- May review historical estimates to determine the new estimate. May make alterations to scenarios to offer customer multiple options.
- May work with manufacturing operations on new or unique opportunities to ensure projects can be produced in house. May engage Sourcing on work that requires outside vendors to produce and establish cost basis.
- Performs other related duties and participates in special projects as assigned.