Responsible for frequently preparing estimates on a variety of work that is transactional/routine/repeat and occasionally may be unique requiring the comparison of multiple options to build an estimate. Receive specifications from Customer Service and Sales, clarify any missing information and use pricing tools to generate pricing scenarios that best fit the customer's needs. Build pricing estimates. Review historical quotes on renewals and update pricing to current costs.
Work assignments are often routine but on occasion may be non-routine and require some deviation from accepted practice and procedures to complete. Assignments are given in terms of subject area concerned, with specific objectives and possible problems identified. Follow guidelines which may include company and/or departmental policies and procedures, and rules and regulations that are well established but may require some deviation from normal operating procedures when completing more unique assignments.
- Receive job specification from Customer Service or Sales to ensure that the information needed to build an estimate has been provided. Contact Sales to gather missing/incomplete information required to price a job.
- Enter specifications into pricing systems/software to build pricing scenarios. Make selections for manufacturing equipment groups and locations to best match the customer's delivery requirements and offer the best price option.
- May review historical estimates to determine the new estimate. May make alterations to scenarios to offer the customer multiple options.
- May work with manufacturing operations on new or unique opportunities to ensure projects can be produced in house. May engage Sourcing on work that requires outside vendors to produce and establish cost basis.
- Performs other related duties and participates in special projects as assigned.
A little about us:
Join a company changing the fast-moving world of communications, where people like, link, pin, post and share. At RR Donnelley, we do it all.