What you will do
Will handle developing the bid costs of Fire Alarm and Low Voltage projects in support of the Construction Sales Team, and the Systems. Deliverables include: Take-off, Estimates, Scopes of Work, Risk Logs and Subcontractor RFPs.
How you will do it
• Securing initial project documentation, and tracking updates and addenda
Downloading and saving specifications and drawing sets, comparing addenda specifications and drawings to the original sets, and identifying changes in scope
• Developing project scope of work
Developing project take-offs, and equipment counts based upon the specifications and drawings
Authoring documents that clearly describe the project scale and scope for the Sales Executive to be delivered with the JCI bid documents. These are typically Word documents, but may also include control system, and network riser drawings that include the systems to be controlled, quantities of controlled devices, and scope exclusions.
Authoring documents that clearly describe the installation scale and scope for the electrical installation subcontractor. These are typically Word documents, but may also include control system, and network riser drawings that include the systems to be controlled, quantities of controlled devices, and scope exclusions.
• Soliciting electrical installation quotes from local subcontractors
Authoring of pre-contract RFPs, including scopes of work as above, project scheduling, bonding requirements, etc.
Continual communication between JCI and 3 to 5 subcontractors, including answering their questions/scope information requests.
Assuring that the initial and any updated scope is shared equally between all subcontractors
• Soliciting vendor quotes for non-JCI material
Identifying from the specifications and drawings which required material must be purchased externally.
Identifying representatives or distributors of the required material and soliciting pricing accordingly.
As needed, share specification sections, and develop material schedules for the vendors to use as scope guidance.
• Creating and managing project risk logs
Identifying scope items from the specifications and drawings that have potential to add or remove costs from the project bid price.
Identifying scope items from the specifications and drawings that do not add or remove costs from the project bid price, but may influence the way the project is managed.
Clearly identify the risk management strategy for each item, and identify necessary costs associated with each item as needed.
• Conducting management pricing reviews
Clear communication of the project scope, pricing approaches, risk, and unusual job characteristic to multiple management audiences.
Maintaining agenda, topic, and time discipline to assure that all relevant discussion items are covered and discussed.
The JCI Solutions line of business conducts retrofit projects of existing buildings that result in direct energy savings to the customer. Typically there are no specifications or plans, the scope is jointly developed between the Systems (Controls) SDE and the Solutions Project Development Engineer (PDE) after visiting the site, conducting walkthroughs, and interviewing the customer.
What we look for
The following skills/experience are required for consideration:
• Strong familiarity with project specifications
• Familiarity with the project bidding cycle
• Excellent organizational skills
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Excellent ability to document project tasks, decisions, and steps taken for future reference
• Strong ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously without delay to the project schedule or confusion between projects
• Emotional maturity, and professional behavior on job sites, and during review meetings
• Strong ability to self-manage day-to-day workload and project tasks
• Ability to be managed by a remotely located manager, or direct report
• Meet expectations of performance management, including volume of projects supported, maintaining average team efficiencies of hours spent per dollar of sell price, and mitigating installed project slippage through strong estimating processes.
• Ability to conduct on-site retrofit surveys, with self-scheduled light regional travel .
Who we are:
Johnson Controls is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information, please view EEO is the Law . If you are an individual with a disability and you require an accommodation during the application process, please visit www.johnsoncontrols.com/tomorrowneedsyou .