Recognized as an expert within the company. Requires specialized depth and/or breadth of expertise. Anticipates internal and or external business challenges; recommends process, product or service improvements. Interprets internal or external business issues and recommends best practices. Solves unique and complex problems that have a broad impact on the business. Contributes to the development of functional strategy. Leads project teams to achieve milestones and objectives. Works independently, with guidance in only the most complex situations. May lead functional teams or projects. Progression to this level is typically restricted on the basis of business requirements. Key Responsibilities
1. Develops project plan and oversees from conception and planning to implementation, including strategies, processes and resources. Ensures objectives are clearly defined and agreed to across the business unit.
2. Responsible for managing schedule and task details by utilizing project management tools such as reports, tracking charts, checklist and project scheduling software.
3. Drives allocated resources from other organizations to achieve on-time and within budget performance objectives for the project. Initiates and manages capital allocation requests, purchase requisitions, and purchase orders.
4. Manages cost schedule performance internal and external customers and vendors worldwide.
5. Leads multifunctional design teams comprised of internal, external and/or matrixed headcount to complete project/program. Provides technical leadership to team members to achieve goals.
6. Interfaces and coordinates with internal customers to define objectives, provide status updates and prepare for release and deployment.
7. Provides engineering and business process expertise to team and other members on various significantly complex programs/issues.
8. Identifies and resolves potential complications within the program and develops solutions for resolution.
9. BU gross margin improvement
9.1. Initiates gross margin improvement projects across functional and cross-functional teams
9.2. Collaborates with suppliers to develop alternative lower cost designs while improving areas of manufacturability and item functionality
9.3. Engages with MPM/ CBM materials organization to develop aligned vendor and commodity strategies
9.4. Develops implementation strategies for new designs/ BOM changes aligned with GPM, engineering DEA's into volume manufacturing sites
10. Change management and control/ Business Process Improvement
10.1. Introduction of unreleased product into BOMs
10.2. Supports ECO (Engineering Change Order) management
10.3. Coordinates with Engineering to Manage Implementations of ECO related activities
10.4. Reviews approves and filters all system feedback activities that will have customer impact Functional Knowledge
- Regarded as the technical expert in their particular field
- Demonstrates in-depth and/or breadth of expertise in own discipline and broad knowledge of other disciplines within the function
- Anticipates business and regulatory issues; recommends process or service improvements
- Leads projects with notable risk and complexity; develops the strategy for project execution
- Solves unique and complex problems with broad impact on the business; requires conceptual and innovative thinking to develop solutions
- Impacts the direction and resource allocation for program, project or services; works within general functional policies and industry guidelines
- Communicates complex ideas, anticipates potential objections and persuades others, often at senior levels, to adopt a different point of view
- Bachelor's Degree
- 10 - 15 Years of Experience
Applied Materials is committed to diversity in its workforce including Equal Employment Opportunity for Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.
A global leader in materials engineering solutions for the semiconductor, flat panel display and solar photovoltaic (PV) industries.