ETF Capital Markets Sell Side Specialist
Company: State Street
Location: New York, New York
Posted: February 19, 2017
Reference ID: 151263
You will expand the capabilities of the US ETF Capital Markets Group and its coverage of primary and secondary market liquidity partners. You will also focus on our sell side research distribution efforts to increase SPDR awareness and utilization.
You will act as the central point of contact for all inquiries from the primary and secondary market - Authorized Participants Lead Market Makers Exchanges and institutional electronic proprietary equity derivative and securities lending trading desks.
• Manage the distribution of our trading files to the secondary market
• Oversee inquiries regarding fund and trading basket characteristics and calculations
• Actively manage the pro-active and reactive communication with SPDR Capital Markets Group partners throughout the day acting as the face of the SPDR ETF business for the trading and liquidity providing communities
You will partner with key internal teams and act as intermediary between market making community.
• Work closely with the Funds Management Portfolio Management Custody Transfer Agent and Web Marketing teams to ensure information is communicated in an efficient compliant and timely manner
• Participate in New Product Launch Committee meetings and launch calls on behalf of the Capital Markets Team
You will be responsible for monitoring and reviewing market quality of SPDR ETFs with Lead Market Makers and key liquidity providers.
• Run existing SPDR ETF pricing and market quality model
• Monitor market quality of SPDR ETFs throughout the trading day
• Review market quality with Lead Market Makers
You will develop and maintain relationships with sell side research and content providers to increase SPDR awareness and utilization.
• Assist in writing and distribution of the ETF Capital Markets Update
• Seek opportunities to enhance SPDR product distribution through sell side partners (i.e. ETF research and trading commentaries)
• Act as a conduit to the sell side research community for all applicable collateral produced by the Strategy & Research Team
You will oversee responsibilities of and help develop Secondary Market Analyst
Technical and Education Requirements:
• Bachelor degree from premier college or university all areas of focus considered
• 7+ years of ETF trading experience required
• Additional experience in the ETF marketplace - sales middle/back office research or asset management preferred
• Strong working knowledge of overall securities industry ability to have meaningful conversation with trading community (equity or fixed income trading preferred)
• Bloomberg and Microsoft Excel VBA proficiency
• Highly motivated dedicated ability to work on team
• Detail oriented with the ability to focus and multi-task during fast-paced work environment
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Organized and structured work approach with an ability to prioritize