About The Position:
Guggenheim is seeking an individual to join its ETF portfolio management team. Reporting to the Managing Director of ETF Portfolio Management, this person will join a highly collaborative team responsible for the management of the BulletShares suite of fixed income ETF's. In addition to exceptional analytical and technical skills, the ideal candidate will demonstrate the ability to handle multiple daily processes with a high degree of precision. The successful candidate will have experience with fixed income securities and be comfortable interacting with a wide variety of internal and external customers in a fast-paced environment.
The ETF Portfolio Analyst role presents an opportunity to support, interface and learn from experienced investment professionals in an energetic and innovative workplace. While initially serving in a supporting role, the right individual will have opportunities for future advancement as the current franchise continues to expand. The position will be located in Chicago, IL. Specific Responsibilities Include:
Skills & Experience Required:
- Acting as a point of contact for external market participants, including:
- On-boarding of new AP's / MM's and familiarizing them with our process
- Receiving and approving creation and redemption requests
- Providing creation/redemption support and responding to other inquiries and issues that may arise
- Liaising with internal parties on various topics, including:
- Confirming basket components with the custodian
- Communicating corporate actions elections
- Providing product launch support to the ETF product development team
- Assisting the portfolio managers
- Analyzing index constituent changes and trends
- Devising trading strategies for index rebalance events
- Preparing and analyzing exposure, yield and risk reports
- Monitor market activity including indicative trading levels, ETF trading volumes, and premium/discounts to ensure that our products are behaving correctly.
About Guggenheim Investments
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Accounting, Finance or similar discipline
- MBA degree, CFA designation, or meaningful progress toward either is preferred
- At least one year of experience working with fixed income ETF's or individual bonds in a portfolio management, trading or operations capacity
- Strong technical knowledge of the ETF creation/redemption process
- Working knowledge of Guggenheim's ETF product line and competitive landscape
- Proficiency with Blackrock's Aladdin system is preferred
- Advanced MS Office skills, including Excel and Access
- VBA, Python or Perl programming experience is a plus
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated results surrounding business process improvements and enhancements
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively in a larger team environment
Guggenheim Investments is the global asset management and investment advisory division of Guggenheim Partners, with expertise in fixed income, equity, and alternative strategies. We focus on the return and risk needs of insurance companies, corporate and public pension funds, sovereign wealth funds, endowments and foundations, consultants, wealth managers, and high-net-worth investors. Our team of investment professionals performs rigorous research to understand market trends and identify undervalued opportunities in areas that are often complex and underfollowed. This approach to investment management has enabled us to deliver innovative strategies providing diversification opportunities and attractive long-term results.
To succeed in the Guggenheim culture, candidates must be self-starters and strive for results. We are looking for people, who operate as business owners, adhere to the highest standards and think creatively to realize opportunities, wherever they may be.
Guggenheim Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diversified and inclusive workforce.
A little about us:
Guggenheim Partners is a global investment and advisory firm with a track record of delivering results through innovative solutions.